Strategy Project HireApply NowApply Later Job ID 780806BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 04, 2021
The individual will collaborate closely with executives throughout the organization and act as a key contact for Disney Television Studios Strategy & Finance efforts. A successful candidate will possess a strong combination of hard and soft skills.
- Partner closely with studio presidents and key leaders around slate and development planning to supply the majority of television on Disney’s streaming (Disney+, Hulu, Star) and linear platforms (ABC, FX, NatGeo, Freeform)
- Analyze 3rd party deal-making and talent and co-production valuations
- Build our Long Range Plan; support divisions in the Annual Operating Plan process, largely through the creation of executive presentations
- Identify and highlight operating drivers / KPIs, with a focus on production and talent costs
- Develop relationships with stakeholders from within the studio business (Business Affairs, Production Finance, Production, Creative) as well as, across the Disney organization
- Independently manage ad-hoc projects and develop effective, compelling presentations for senior leaders
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced organization; minimum 4 years in media and entertainment, finance, strategy, strategic planning, consulting, and/or investment banking preferred
- Hands-on, team player with the ability to both work independently as well as in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to thrive under pressure, work with ambiguity and complexity, manage competing priorities - often with minimal direction
- Superior financial modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to interface and build relationships with diverse stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable as the business need changes
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or analytical discipline
- MBA preferred
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.