Systems Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 979840BR Location Manhattan Beach, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Jun. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Systems Engineer II is responsible for local and global support of Production technology service infrastructure including networking, storage and servers. They will be embedded with the Lucasfilm Production Technology Team and assist/liaise directly with remote Production support teams in the UK, LA or any other active production location.
They will have a dotted line into the larger Technology Team Leads and Managers in San Francisco to ensure that systems are deployed, managed and maintained in line with Operational Standards and follow security best practices for the company.
The Systems Engineer II will actively work on behalf of Production technology to manage tasks and issues through the Lucasfilm team or actively troubleshoot and resolve on their own, as well as work on R&D efforts to ensure new technologies are researched and deployed to solve problems for our Productions.
- Manage, Maintain and support various systems, servers and services on behalf of Production Technology including (but not limited to):
- Network devices such as switches and Firewalls
- Wifi Infrastructure, including on set devices and access points.
- Network attached storage device management.
- Enterprise Class Servers
- Contribute to larger Production technology projects as required, including R&D efforts around emerging technologies that help solve production challenges.
- Act as the primary technical support responder to Perform troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose and resolve complex network / storage problems.
- Produce detailed implementation instructions or carry out required changes to complete tasks/projects, resolve incidents/problems, and for changes/improvements requested by management and the architecture teams.
- Implement and maintain effective service monitoring, maintenance programs, and foundational system design with a Production perspective.
- Work closely with other technical groups to ensure that IT standards and technologies are in line with the overall technical direction and security posture of Lucasfilm and its companies.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents and update/maintain all documentation requested by management
- Provide Excellent Customer Service Support, including clear verbal and written communications,
- Must be available via mobile phone or participate in off hours support of the global Production team.
- Must be available to travel, including internationally as needed, sometimes on short notice.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in network and storage administration with enterprise level hardware and software.
- Knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches and related network and security equipment and appliances in a multiprotocol environment, including but not limited to: Ruckus, Fortinet, Pulse Secure
- Knowledge of Enterprise / Mid Tier storage systems such as Netapp, QNAP, configuration and management using the CLI.
- Have a strong understanding of IT security concepts, procedures and implementations.
- Proven experience designing, building, automating and supporting large-scale technical infrastructure in a multi-site, multi-platform environment.
- Ability to learn new applications and systems on the job is required.
- Thorough knowledge of system performance issues and tuning.
- Experience in integrating systems into monitoring and alerting systems such as Zabbix.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar degree prefered.
- Solid working knowledge of Apple / Microsoft and / or Linux Operating Systems and how they work with back end systems in an enterprise environment.
- 3+ year’s experience with high performance review pipeline technology, including streaming protocols, editorial infrastructure and production toolsets and workflows a plus
- A deep understanding of Movie and/or Episodic TV Production workflows and approaches will be a plus.
- Detailed understanding of VMWare, GCP and AWS virtualization environments running Windows hosts, including virtual desktop, virtual server implementations a plus.
- A clear and concise communicator, written and verbal, with the ability to keep end users informed of progress and managers informed of requests.
- An effective self-driven team player with a proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically.
- Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks.
- An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Must be able to Lift up to 50 lbs.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.