Technical Project Manager IIApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10069567 Location Los Angeles, California, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology Date posted Jan. 26, 2024
Disney Entertainment and ESPN technology is seeking a Technical Project Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Program Management Team. In this role, you will lead teams through the development, rollout and adoption of several programs that extend the functionality of our backend core services across Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. You will partner with teams across the organization to coordinate on cross-team initiatives that deliver on business goals & objectives.
We are a fast-paced and fast-growing team where you will have influence over the services and tools built by the team. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in billing, subscriptions, and customer support as our streaming services launch around the world.
What you’ll do
- Lead the release of many projects from concept to completion by collaborating with engineering teams, product management and developing detailed project plans from development to deployment
- Track team progress against timelines and collaborate with teams to determine solutions to get back on-track when the project falls behind schedule
- Engage with the development team to build delivery timelines of feature sets for projects, and be able to sequence the work based on priorities
- Collaborate with other Program Managers to understand cross-team dependencies and prioritize the work to avoid impediments
- Ability to prioritize multiple team requests and balance that against other priorities and committed work. Must understand the impact of injecting these requests to the team’s backlog
- Develop a roadmap for the team and keeping that aligned with priorities defined by Product
- Facilitate technical meetings; follow the discussions in order to summarize and capture outcomes
What to bring
- B.S in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record with Agile project management in a hands-on role as a Technical Program Manager, or Technical Project Manager for software development teams
- Analytical and problem solving experience with large-scale systems
- Technical knowledge of architecture and development practices
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations in a fast-paced environment with evolving business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products, and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of crafting outstanding stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters, and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to build entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally loved.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, we embrace diversity and are an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The hiring range for this position in California is $112,300.00 to $150,500.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) provides the technological backbone and product development for Disney’s two media business units, while helping to keep the company at the vanguard of innovation – enabling the Company to continuously leverage technology to enhance storytelling and creativity, while delivering scalability, flexibility, and efficiency for its businesses.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.