Theatre Host - Part TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 886112BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 24, 2021
We are currently seeking a Part-time Theatre Host
- As guests queue up for a show, you will greet them, check and scan their tickets
- Know the seat locations within the Theatre and be able to direct guests to their seats
- Set up and remove, stanchions and barricades
- Maintain clear pedestrian pathways, around the Theatre to ensure no store or restaurant entrances are blocked along the boulevard
- All queues must be clean and safe, with trash picked up on a regular basis
- Guide them to their seat and carry their snacks if they need help
- Ensure reserved areas are kept clear for our disabled guests
- Know the exact location of every seat in the Auditorium
- Maintain a clean and safe work area by sweeping the Theatre between shows, including lobby and restrooms
- Verify cash fund at the start and end of your scheduled shift
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and follow all sanitation guidelines
- Enthusiastic about interacting with and helping guests.
- Friendly and helpful to all of our guests (cast members too!), and strive to exceed our guests’ expectations
- Great communications skills are required
- Must become familiar with the Theatre’s show times, let in procedures, food, services, nearby tourist attractions and other Hollywood locations
- Must become familiar with the Theatre’s Crisis Management procedures to help guests in case of an emergency
- Must be able to bend and lift 30 lbs. boxes, containers, cases of soda bottles, and other equipment necessary for operating the Theatre
- Must maintain adequate levels of products in both concession stands
- Basic mathematical skills necessary for maintaining inventory and calculating correct change without the help of the computer system
- Must be comfortable and accurate using the point of sales (POS) system
- Must be able to complete sales transaction requirements in writing
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team
- Must be willing to be cross-trained in other areas
- Perform other duties as directed by the management team
- Theatre experience
- High School Graduate
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theaters, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Buena Vista Theaters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.