VP, Marketing Post Production, SearchlightApply Now Apply Later Job ID 852613BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Searchlight Pictures Date posted Aug. 31, 2021
- Supervise pre-production, production and post-production of theatrical marketing AV materials on all Searchlight titles.
- Oversee all final sign off on mixes, color-grading, graphics, final effects and sync for trailers and spots in all formats.
- Manage a growing team of AV post-production staff.
- Direct and manage outside vendors, oversee the production teams for each project (typically 2 dozen people per project, including creative and finishing vendors, post supervisors, editing rooms, visual effects teams, graphic artists, sound editors, ADR, mix stages, DI producers, conform editors, colorists, Labs, etc.)
- Work directly with Directors, Producers, DPs, Agents and Talent through the entirety of the creative marketing process.
- Collaborate with DPs and Directors on grading trailers and finalizing DI sessions.
- Screen and QC DCPs for all theatrical trailers for every Searchlight title.
- Work closely with all departments “off and on Lot”, managing and supervising distribution of feature elements needed for AV, print and digital materials as well as feature assets from acquisition titles.
- Manage post-production workflow for creative and post vendors streamlining the process to access feature elements, etc.
- Strategize with several departments to anticipate AV deadlines. Communicate frequently with Production, Post-Production, Music, Home Entertainment, Media Services, Dailies, Sound transfers, etc.
- Work with Media and In-theatre Marketing groups to manage, execute deadlines and identify trailer theatrical placements and help with media rotation.
- Maintain strict security protocols for feature files and dailies to vendors.
- Manage AV Post budgets.
- Communicate and negotiate with the Legal and MPA in trying to find ways to achieve marketing goals without compromising creative.
- Handle music search and clearance, negotiate fees to work within our budgets.
- Ensure finished materials comply with Guilds and AMPAS rules and restrictions during awards season.
- Work directly with producers and production companies on feature Acquisition titles to obtain feature elements for marketing materials, in some cases pre-final delivery.
- Handle distribution of creative advertising materials to International distributors, if Searchlight doesn’t have Global rights.
- Work with Legal to understand the parameters of each deal for each territory to generate invoices, access letters and distribution of AV creative advertising assets.
- Secure transition of Domestic finished AV elements to International for Localization services.
- BA/BS degree in Communication Arts required with Film or TV/Video emphasis preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in the entertainment industry is required.
- Theatrical or Streaming Marketing Post-Production experience is a must.
- Strong leadership skills, initiative, flexibility and positive outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Passion for film/video production
- Ability to handle high-pressure, fast-paced deadlines for audio/visual material completion
- Proficiency in PC and Mac platforms.
About Searchlight Pictures:
Searchlight Pictures is a specialty film company that both finances and acquires motion pictures. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and the films are distributed internationally by Twentieth Century Studios.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Searchlight Pictures.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.