Already applied?View Dashboard
VP of Production: Live Action TVApply Now Apply Later Job ID 519580BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted 01/17/2018
Job Summary:Marvel TV is the development and production arm of all live action & animated original series for Marvel. As a division of the world’s premiere comic book company, Marvel TV is a pioneer in creative storytelling on the small screen. With over 10 series on air, it is a leading studio within the television space.
The VP of Production will report directly to the EVP/Co-Head of TV/Head of Production. The position will serve as production team lead for current series. A candidate will have a record of overseeing all aspects of a series, from pre to post production. Location travel may be required.
- Monitor and report, in a hands-on manner, to the Head of Production on the status of shows assigned
- Generate production calendars, one-line schedules and tracking documents indicating various asset deliveries
- Help manage and select on-the-ground freelance production teams to ensure the timely and on-budget delivery of content
- Work closely with individual show line producers, UPMs, accountants and department heads to create efficient systems of communication or act as liaison between production and studio
- Assist on-set when necessary to problem solve unforeseen complications and implement best industry production practices to ensure safety of above/below the line cast and crew
- Accurately forecast episodic budget patterns & anticipate deviations from that pattern using hot costs and cost reports
- Recommend/manage vendors and production service partners as needed
- Work closely with all Marvel TV departments to ensure production standards exceed creative objectives in service of each program’s cinematic feel
- Attend production meetings pertaining to assigned shows
- Build and maintain strong interdependent relationships with network partners
- Interface with the production and finance teams at our partner studio ABC Studios and the greater Walt Disney Company
- Familiarize with ABC Studios and Marvel production/security guidelines and implement on shows
- Recommend and evaluate production personnel
- Collaborate extensively with Post Production & Creative teams on various series deliverables
- Work seamlessly with Marvel divisions including Business Affairs, Marketing/PR, Licensing, Publishing and New Media
- Minimum 10+ years of production experience in live action TV or film, animation experience a plus
- Self-motivated and a desire to grow
- Highly organized, detail and project oriented work ethic
- Willingness to keep production oriented hours
- Strong on-set experience and knowledge of all facets of production
- Strong familiarity of production related vendor & facilities landscape
- Working knowledge of union rules & guidelines including Teamsters, DGA, WGA, SAG-AFTRA, IATSE
- Familiarity with Movie Magic Scheduling & Budgeting
- Working knowledge of episodic TV budget patterns and forecasting
- Strong understanding of inter-dependent workflows between Development, Production and Post Production
- Enthusiasm for elevated genre, comic books or Marvel intellectual property
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios, Pay Services, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Studios, Pay Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.