Business Risk Analyst - Fixed Term ContractApply NowApply Later Job ID 774558BR Location Lutterworth, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
The Business Risk Analyst will work within the inventory and payment team and support the retail lifecycle for both merchandise (inventory) and payments (counter fraud).
- Ensure one’s self is fully conversant to provide technical expertise across inventory risk and payment risk
- Self-motivated to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner to ensure frictionless experience for our internal stakeholders and Disney Guests.
- Cognoscente on all Retail business systems including but not exclusive to – IP, EMS, Mozart, Unix, Risk Guardian, Zendesk, Microstrategy, EPOS trend reporting etc
- Support the delivery of KPI and other month and years end reporting which clearly show the financial picture for all risks across stock and payments.
- Work with the Field Team and the Senior Analyst to decide upon the most suitable action required once fraudulent activity has been identified to avoid any further loss to the business and document for reporting purposes.
- Highlight frequent guests and any addresses that have been flagged as having been involved in fraudulent activity and implement process to ensure risk is mitigated.
- As directed investigate incidents of stock and payment risk, liaising with inventory accounting and sales audit to provide TDS with an accurate stock and payment result and recommend remedial action to be taken.
- Support the task to Identify Stores, locations and internal resource requiring further action and/or investigation, assess the initial findings and prepare detailed case notes for the Business Risk Field Manager where necessary.
- As directed by the Senior Analyst monitor all activity by maintaining a status report on all investigations (stock and payment) indicating cases/issues that are pending, concluded (noting results) etc
- Support the preparation of summary reports and other ad hoc projects and enquiries, such as Shrink Initiative, BRC Retail Crime Survey, ROI analysis.
- Analyse processes to reduce shrinkage exposure and improve Guest Service.
- As directed support the education of field based Management and other partners to become self-sufficient in addressing risk issues in the first instance as well as ensuring that key stakeholders are kept fully informed at all times.
- Deliver reporting and analysis to enable end of month/year reports are accurate, timely and meet the standards set by our Auditors and SOX compliance requirements.
- Relevant university degree, educated to A level or equivalent experience
- Established experience within an accounting or finance role
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access proficiency
- Conveys relevant information in a candid and timely manner
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audience
- Achieves high levels of customer satisfaction
- Holds self and others accountable to high performance standards
- Analyses problems effectively and takes action to resolve
- Places high attention on accuracy and detail
- Supports new initiatives
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to changes
- Supports productivity and morale of the team
- Resolves conflict effectively
- Some fluency or appreciation of a core European language(s)
- Inventory accounting experience
- Established experience of working within a Consumer Products or Retail environment
- Travel may be required on occasion
- Experience working in a global team
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
The Disney Store Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.