Already applied?View Dashboard
Cast Member - European Distribution CentreApply Now Apply Later Job ID 617385BR Location Lutterworth, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Dec. 03, 2018
Cast members that are successful will be expected to work in all areas as the operation needs dictate that includes areas such as:-
Pick/Pack/Rework/Despatch/Replens/Personalisation, MHE etc, this list is not exhaustive as the expectation that all positions are required to work within any area of the warehouse dependent on the needs of the business
The main function of this role is to ensure that a prompt accurate receipt and distribution of all goods to the guest through Disney stores online ordering and via our brick and mortar stores, whilst maintaining quality of the product.
Full flexibility to include weekend working is a requirement and overtime may be necessary dependent on the needs of the business. As a result the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and reliability. The role will be on a rotating/various shift patterns which may include nights. Therefore, the role requires a self-motivated person who is articulate, numerate and capable of working within a fast paced dynamic area. The role will include the opportunity for development and advancement.
Responsibilities:The successful candidates should possess the following key attributes;
- To ensure that the merchandise is handled and transferred correctly maintaining high standards and quality presentation. This includes and understanding of how your role will directly affect the guests’ experience.
- To identify and resolve problems as they arise and inform the relevant Lead/Manager.
- To perform other ad-hoc duties as required by the Lead or Manager, to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
- An eye for detail with good numeracy, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to drive results and commitment to achieving the highest standards of work in area of responsibility whilst working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with an inner drive to succeed with an enthusiastic approach.
- A flexible approach to overtime and re-deployment.
- Positive attitude with a can do approach with ability to think on your feet.
- Able to work both as an individual and as part of a team with the potential to show leadership qualities and guidance to fellow Cast Members.
- Ability to see a specific task through to its completion using your own initiative.
- High standards of personal achievement.
- Good standards and awareness of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and in a positive manner.
- Proactive approach to contributing to the development of new ideas and concepts and encouraging others to do the same.
- Behave in a way which embraces the company vision and promote and encourage this within the team.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and impartiality at all times.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work are 40 for full time. During the peak periods, the operation usually runs 24 hours over 7 days a week. The contract for this role is on a 5 from 7 basis and your normal working week is Sunday to Saturday.
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store (UK) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.