Already applied?View Dashboard
Lead Cast Member - European Distribution CentreApply Now Apply Later Job ID 617965BR Location Lutterworth, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Dec. 04, 2018
We currently have vacancies for Leads (Team Supervisors) within the EDC.
The successful candidates will be required to work across all EDC Operational departments, shifts and different shift patterns throughout the year which may include nights at peak times. Weekend working is a requirement and overtime may be necessary, dependent on the needs of the business. The contract is based on any 5 from 7 days working patterns.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
· Work within any area of the warehouse as business needs dictate
· Be responsible for supervising a team of Cast Members ranging in size dependent on the area of the business.
· Demonstrate ownership and responsibility for the overall site.
As a result the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, reliability and confidentiality.
The role requires a self-motivated person who is progressive and forward thinking and looking to develop both themselves, their teams and their areas of responsibility. The candidates will need to be articulate, numerate and capable of working within a fast paced dynamic area.
We are looking for individuals that have strong people management skills and whom feel confident to deal a variety of both people and operational issues in a calm and considered manner in what can be a very fast paced volume driven environment.
· Operational management – organise, manage and prioritise diverse workloads
· Team management – ability to motivate, review and develop team to required performance level
· Excellent communication skills – able to deliver positive/supportive message to all levels.
· Strong people management skills
· Task orientated and financially aware
· Fair approach working within a unionised environment
· Communicate and manage site policies in a consistent manner
· First Aid trained (preferable) or willing to undergo the training
· Experience of KPI – reporting and management
· Self-motivated with a positive attitude
· PC literate
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store (UK) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.