Lead DeveloperApply NowApply Later Job ID 995401BR Location Madrid, Spain Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 08, 2022
- Design, build, maintain any and all systems used to acquire, produce , edit, store and distribute DTCI content on a global basis.
- Provide advance-level support and maintenance of current and next generation digital television architecture, equipment and standards including video-over-IP, encoders, decoders, distribution, routing, switching, control room, non-linear editing recording & playback, etc.
- Shall provide troubleshooting using diagnostic hardware and software tools to pinpoint issues related to network and computing technologies, systems management and administration.
- Monitors the performance of systems; maintains system configuration history of changes, troubleshoots and participates in repairing systems problems and failures, participates in leading or leads the maintenance of systems, installs software patches, updates etc., to resolve and avoid service problems, and troubleshoots system problems as they relate to these services.
- Responds to system outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems, and conducts diagnostic testing, repair and replacement activities necessary to solve routine, specialized, and complex problems.
- Develops and implements effective preventative maintenance and diagnostic/solutions, techniques and procedures and maintain the related documentation.
- Coordinates and / or performs upgrades to system hardware and software; coordinates the activities of technicians involved in the deployment and configuration of the systems, and with vendors on moves, additions and re-locations of all media systems.
- Participates in planning or plans for the facility infrastructure; participates in evaluating or evaluates new technologies, in researching network and system configurations for future implementation of DTCI Technology systems.
- Maintain up to date operational procedures to support daily productions and emergency recovery scenarios.
- Monitors project progress and periodically updates project schedules, noting achievement of milestones and issues requiring resolution.
- Must have 2 to 3 years coding experience (ETL, web services, cloud architecture and dev/ops. Python/PHP/C+)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical discipline and or comparable military/civilian work experience in an appropriate technical area.
- 5+ years of experience with advance IT systems including TCP/IP networking concepts and equipment, storage systems, redundant computer system concepts, administration, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in television broadcast, transmission, IT or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience utilizing the aforementioned skill set in day-to-day support of a live production facility producing content for broadcast, digital and emerging distributors. Primary focus during this work experience should include building, advanced maintenance and troubleshooting of complex problems associated with advanced video, transcoding, storage, tapeless video recording systems and media delivery via IP.
- SBE Certification or equivalent (not essential)
- Intermediate-level knowledge of video and audio signal formats such as but not limited to 1080p, 720p, UHD/HDR and the various frame rates associated with these formats.
- Has an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge related to content reception, creation and transmission systems, hardware, software and related industry standards.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Iberia S.L., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.