Marketing Director, Direct-to-Consumer, Spain & PortugalApply NowApply Later Job ID 768897BR Location Madrid, Madrid, Spain Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 16, 2020
The local Disney+ team is accountable for the Disney+ performance in its territory and responsible for the day-to-day operation of Disney+ specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, promotions and synergy, product development and partnerships, content planning & merchandising, and research and analytics. The local Disney+ team is supported by the London-based Disney+ Europe & Africa team, which manages the relationship with the Disney+ global team, sets strategies, budgets and objectives for the region, shares best practices, processes and required approvals.
Within the Disney+ local team, the Director of Marketing will develop and lead the marketing strategy and execution for Disney+ and STAR in Spain & Portugal, in close coordination with the Disney+ Europe & Africa marketing team. The role must adapt, devise and execute ‘best in class’ strategy, media plans, creative and multimedia campaigns to budget that maximize brand awareness and contribute to deliver customer acquisition and retention targets.
- Develop and lead the execution of the Disney+ Marketing strategy and plans in Spain & Portugal, directly managing Brand Marketing, Digital Performance Marketing, Social Media and PR, with a focus on driving brand awareness and new content launches to achieve customer acquisition and retention targets. (In Portugal, the Director of Marketing will work in partnership with the Media Networks’ Brand Marketing & PR teams to execute the marketing strategy and plans).
- Work closely with other Disney+ areas, in particular the Content group and the Synergy Marketing/Partnerships/Customer Management team, to lead the development of 360 plans.
- Devise and deliver fully integrated engaging / standout marketing campaigns to support key content launches, to create buzz / conversation around Disney+, drive brand awareness/affinity and deliver subscriber acquisition/retention targets. Campaigns may be brand driven or content driven (e.g., Mandalorian).
- Drive content consumption and subscriber engagement by appropriately communicating all content launches as well as different content availability on the service around seasonal (e.g. Christmas) or other events (e.g. anniversaries…).
- Oversee the management of the end to end process with external agencies (media planning, creative, production, etc.) to deliver effective media plans and brand/product creative for use by all marketing and wider Disney+ teams (brand, acquisition, social, customer management, synergy, partnerships…).
- Oversee the Creative team’s deliverables, ensuring these meet local needs while aligning to the regional and global guidelines. Creative work will be executed by the local Media Networks creative team (as well as agencies and free lancers as appropriate), which will support all other areas of the business.
- Manage Disney+ annual marketing budget for Spain & Portugal, proposing the appropriate spend for each marketing action.
- Evaluate the results of key marketing campaigns, measuring marketing and media effectiveness, and drawing lessons to be taken into consideration in future campaigns.
- Manage the relationship with key internal stakeholders, in particular the VP Marketing and Director of Marketing Disney+ Europe & Africa, and Director of Performance Marketing Europe & Africa, working hand in hand with them to (i) ensure alignment with the regional & global strategies, to be adapted as appropriate to meet local needs, (ii) share plans for Spain & Portugal and obtain any required approvals, (iii) obtain required support to continuously improve effectiveness of the local marketing team and campaigns and (iv) represent and build excellent reputation of the local marketing team.
- Closely collaborate with the Partnerships / Synergy / Customer Management Lead to develop marketing actions with companies selected as Disney+ partners (e.g. affiliates such as Movistar+, promotional partners…).
- Partner with the other Disney+ functional leads to meet business plan targets and support the wider business objectives.
- Partner with the Marketing & PR areas of other Lines of Business in Spain & Portugal, in particular Studio & Integrated Marketing, PR & Corporate Coms, Media Networks, Consumer Products and Disneyland Paris, to support the wider objectives of TWDC in Spain and Portugal.
- Proven experience in an executive level Marketing role, ideally in a Direct-to-Consumer business, with wide oversight across marketing disciplines and in multinational environment
- Proven team leadership experience, with ability to manage and motivate staff and build teams
- Track record of working with European and /or Global teams
- Experience of managing a marketing budget and P&L understanding
- Strong knowledge of subscription services and the competitive landscape (particularly in the Spanish & Portuguese markets)
- Ability to work and communicate in English
- Analytical, with ability to leverage data to drive strategy/decisions, and measure campaign’s effectiveness
- Ability to be client facing as key representative of the Disney+ business as well as a leader who can manage, motivate and develops a team
- Ability to work in complex stakeholder environments, with strong relationship building and influencing skills
Additional Information:The ad post will close on 30th November 2020.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.