Publishing Assistant (Products & Digital Experiences) -Maternity CoverApply NowApply Later Job ID 860235BR Location Madrid, Madrid, Spain Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Sep. 16, 2021
Under direction of Category Manager, helps to execute the territory strategy in harmony with local, European and Global visions to deliver revenue targets for all categories of licensed publishing business in Spain and Portugal, as well as digital vertical business.
- Identify new product concepts, distribution channels and growth opportunities for all categories in the territory.
- Encourage current partners to explore new business opportunities either already identified by Disney or by themselves. Look for new partners in those cases where current licensees would not be the right match for a new business opportunity.
- Together with Category Manager, execute deal/contract negotiations with current and new licensees, and ensure timely signature of the same.
- Day to day management of relationship with certain licensees to ensure objectives for them are fully met.
- Accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams for all Publishing categories for those licensees assigned.
- Report on business activity and performance, and provide Category Manager and Finance with accurate data to produce accruals, quarterly business reviews, Strat Plan, AOP and financial reports as needed.
- Full ownership of product portfolio and content management ensuring proper execution of category/franchise strategies developed with Category Manager:
- Review and collaboration with licensees in development of new product concepts.
- Ownership of full product approval processes (Pub Planning and OPA) Evaluation of licensees’ new proposals and total support from creation to final approval to all licensees developing new creations products: Retail books / Learning / Partworks / Magazine / Digital content.
- Maintain constant knowledge of product pipeline from global/regional offices and other territories, best practices, innovative products and competitive landscape to influence licensees of all categories to best leverage our content and look for new opportunities
- Obtain from all licensees a detailed Annual Editorial Plan on time to deeply evaluate it and come back with proposals to maximize opportunities with all formats / franchises / properties (special focus on Planeta)
- Full visibility on all Editorial Plan changes, keeping them fully updated and sharing them with key internal stakeholders (Publishing management; Franchise marketing, Retail & Finance)
- Continuous focus on new opportunities to generate custom publishing, AOS sales, promotions ideas and proposals
- Ensure that all licensees are fully supported in their preparation of editorial plan, material orders, approval process, marketing plans, retail execution and royalty reporting.
- Fully inform licensees about company priorities, marketing actions and promotions to ensure alignment and maximization of company efforts to help grow their business.
MARKETING & PR
- Keep all licensees periodically informed in terms of Disney/Marvel/Lucas franchises, properties, events, releases, internal marketing and PR plans.
- Manage the Owned Media campaigns for our licensees'top priorities and releases.
- Manage the Disney/Marvel/Lucas contents in our print/digital products (for example, in the magazines news section).
- Keep all licensees periodically informed in terms of internal retail plans.
- Directly relationship with all the retailers (books buyers) providing them with maximum support. Build full credibility by providing them with relevant and proactive proposal improvements.
- Maximize retail initiatives with licensees and retailers.
- Influence retailers for the better product placement (in store and on line). Place Disney corners in all the retailers, including book stores.
English spoken and written.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Iberia S.L., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.