Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Publicist / Press & PR SupervisorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 530074BR Location Madrid, Spain Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted Mar. 05, 2018
Job Summary:Support the Communication Department in the development and execution of the Press & PR strategies by ensuring quality 3rd party editorial content and by developing all communication activities needed to secure Disneyland Paris, Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World media exposure across the different editorial platforms, including digital, TV, radio, print and social media.
- Establish and maintain/develop key relations with major publications and influencers to ensure coverage.
- Help on the development of the PR strategy (AOP & ICP and annual comms plan)
- Development of Press & PR materials: press releases, news room update, photo and TV image bank, feature ideas, infographics…
- Development of the celebrity’s strategy: build relationship, trips organization, shootings coordination and follow up.
- Organization of major press events and new season launches in coordination with the different teams involved in Paris and European offices.
- Maximize online and social media strategy to secure Disneyland Paris visibility.
- Coordination of individual media / influencers trips.
- Think of new ways /out of the box ideas to deliver quality coverage.
- Plan and develop specific projects to deliver media presence: photo shootings, hard hat tours, behind the scenes visits, TV and radio reports.
- Establish and maintain good relationship with key trade publications and deliver taylor made communication plan.
- Support and coordinate with the central team, the corporate communication strategy and the crisis management
- Attend normal running of Press & PR department: media requests, weekly report, scorecard, central recaps….
- Develop and follow up of press mailings, teaser campaigns and media presentations.
- Manage monitoring, evaluation and reporting of relevant press coverage.
- Maintain and update key contacts data base.
- Press & PR budget management and follow up.
- Regular contact with the central team in Paris and the European offices.
- Work closely with the local marketing and the sales department to deliver 360º campaigns support as for Semana Magica, Verano Mágico, June campaign…
- Support the Portuguese office in all press & PR activity.
Disney Cruise Line & Walt Disney World
- Organization of media and celebrity sailings to secure quality coverage.
- Development of press releases and photo image bank.
- DCL budget management and follow up.
- Regular contact with the team in London and in the US.
Preferred EducationFive year experience in the Communication / Press / PR Department within an agency, multinational environment or media.
About Disney Parks & Resorts:
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. More than sixty years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of six of the world’s leading family vacation destinations – Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island; and Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world’s most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Iberia S.L., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Parks & Resorts.