Vice President, Original Production, SpainApply NowApply Later Job ID 768904BR Location Madrid, Madrid, Spain Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 16, 2020
- Development and production of original television programming across Entertainment, Factual and Family genres for all branded platforms, with focus on general entertainment scripted and unscripted content for the DTC services Disney+ and STAR, but also possibly for our linear channels’ portfolio and associated on demand services.
- In collaboration with genre editorial heads, research and the commercial leaders, determine editorial needs for original production in Spain.
- Identify and select projects for development and oversee creative development process until the go / no go decision is made
- Once project is greenlit, lead negotiation with production company of all relevant elements of the production, including budget, time lines and talent
- Ensure that each project gets appropriate supervisory executive production during the production phase, and be accountable for delivery of the project on budget and within the required time line.
- Manage/develop relationships with the creative community (writers, directors, actors, producers, etc.) and 3rd party production companies in Spain
- Manage a team of development executives, executive producers and production managers ensuring clarity in the brief, constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and delivery of top quality original productions
- Ensure quality level of originals is in line with the brands and our competition
- Closely collaborate with all Media Networks and Disney+ functions, to leverage Original Productions to (i) drive subscriber acquisition and engagement for Disney+ and STAR and (ii) increase both viewership of all The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) platforms and value perception among consumers & B2B partners.
- Ensure implementation of TWDC production standards, particularly as regards to Diversity & Inclusion
- Manage relationship with Regional & Global teams, involving them in the development & production of projects as required, adapting the projects based on their input and obtaining the required approvals from them
- Establish relationship with other Original Production heads across Europe & Africa, to share experiences and best practices, and learn from each other
- Responsible for significant development budget and volume of projects
- Responsible for production budgets
- Direct management of a team of 9
- Relationship with internal stakeholders
- Relationships with external stakeholders (production companies, writers, directors, actors etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Spanish TV and production sector, with an extensive network in the industry
- Significant track record in commissioning and production of high quality drama and comedy in Spain
- Executive production experience on scripted projects; experience on unscripted projects will be a plus
- Experience of working across a variety of genres and demographics
- Proven track record of projects developed and executive produced
- Ability to identify, analyse and critique content and storytelling
- Strong aptitude for establishing and maintaining strong and close working relationships
- Experience of leading and managing a diverse team
- Ability to work in a complex multinational organization
- Ability to work and communicate in English
Additional Information:The ad post will close on 30th November 2020.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.