Assistant Manager, Social Media Disney+Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10023280 Location Makati City, Philippines Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This role is a regional role based in Philippines, responsible for leading Studios Entertainment and Disney+ Social Media and regional campaigns for SEA markets. Powered by the biggest brands in storytelling: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios and Searchlight Pictures, Studio Entertainment and Marketing are at the heart of everything we do at Disney, and are core to connecting fans with our stories and characters. Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
This role will be responsible for executing Social Media campaigns for the Studios Entertainment and Disney+ for SEA region and leading Social Media strategy & creative ideation for title campaigns for SEA. The role will launch local social channels for Disney+ (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and others), will drive the implementation of social content strategies, and work with agencies to manage content calendars, scheduling and publishing of content. The core objective is to increase the brand share of voice on social media. This role requires a strong grasp of Social Media platforms and the candidate should be knowledgeable in industry trends and the latest innovations. They should also be experienced in different content formats on Social Media and how to leverage these formats creatively and effectively.
- Social Media Lead for Disney+ and Studios Entertainment in SEA and regional support for Asian titles
- Lead Social Media Marketing for the launch of D+ in various SEA markets.
- Manage the Regional Social Media Agency’s local team in market
- Localising the creative campaign, always on and content briefs (provided by the regional team) for the local agency team with an emphasis on identifying key tactical frameworks that work in your market and achieving market specific goals.
- Deliver clear direction and inspiration to creative teams and agencies in developing sustainable and engaging concepts
- Oversee all Tier 1 title and Brand campaign Social Media execution (campaigns like Loki, Raya and the Last Dragon, Snowdrop) at both a local and regional level for select titles.
- Manage local always on Social Media asset production
- Manage all local Social Media activations in market
- Liaise with global for asset sourcing and content approvals for regional content
- Review and approve social captions - as voice of the brand there maybe times where you have to step on and write copy so it is in the correct tone of voice.
- Oversee the scheduling, calendar management and final approvals of all Social Media posts in your market.
- Provide reporting and analysis of results, including strategic recommendations and tactical tips that are directly related to insights in your market
- Analyse current-state Social Media channels and determine areas of improvement, expansion and refinement
- Have a strong awareness of emerging trends and behaviours on social channels. Able to link behaviours to root causes and interpret digital culture to find relevance for the business
- Consistent and strong collaborator who elevates the work of cross-functional teams
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in social planning in house or at digital/ social agencies
- Experience in Social Media/Content/Editorial/Digital Marketing
- Should be fluent in written and spoken English
- Social Native who is embedded into netizen culture
- Creative individual who is passionate about the Disney+ brands
- Hands-on experience developing insights from social listening. Detailed understanding of social analytics across channels. Ability to synthesize data from many sources into actionable insights
- Highly informed and thoughtful perspectives on social platforms. Ability to adapt brand expression and campaign strategy to relevant social channel experiences and strategy
- Working knowledge of tools a plus, e.g. Sprinklr, Social Bakers, Hootsuite, Meltwater, Radian 6 etc
- Ability to work at rapid pace
- Ideally someone who is incredibly passionate about Korea/Asian titles as well as the core Disney brands.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees in Singapore.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Philippines, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.