Director Studio Marketing, PhilippinesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709428BR Location Makati City, National Capital Region, Philippines Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 16, 2019
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns, develop strategies and manage agency partners on deliverables for all Studio titles.
- Oversee and work with the marketing team to:
- Develop marketing activities within provided marketing budgets, negotiate cost and terms with vendors.
- Develop and maintain effective relations with the media, advertising and promotional partners.
- Execute events from ideation, sourcing venue and sponsors, planning, to marketing and on-ground support for actual event.
- Set the creative direction on each movie title, including the oversight of briefs to agencies pertaining to the main key art, POSM, print ads, TV, radio spots, online and mobile ads
- Manage studio entertainment social media platforms, driving reach and engagement to increase brand affinity.
- Work with local exhibitors (cinemas) to develop in-theatre promotions (with the input from our local distributor.
- Communicate effectively across Disney lines of businesses (Consumer Products, Franchise, Media+, etc.)
- Engage the theatrical sales team to maximise revenue opportunities and drive total BO growth for Disney.
Team & Stakeholder Management
- Motivate and develop team to deliver against the annual plan, setting challenging objectives and supporting them to deliver stretch performance targets
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and development planning for team members to support personal and professional development over the longer-term
- Lead the communication of business objectives and annual Marketing plans to the team and to the wider business to ensure clarity of direction and buy-in to the plan
- Build a relationship with the SEA Regional team in Singapore and create conversation to raise local needs, sharing information, results and best practise.
- Constantly communicate and share product knowledge/insight with the key stakeholders to develop grounded broad commercial opinion.
- Excite and drive interest in content/product across the wider TWDC where relevant, e.g. sales/licensing.
- In close collaboration with the Franchise team drive opportunities for a broader TWDC approach to movie launches.
- Champion cross business support for original movies and franchise led content.
- Determine initial creative positioning using key stakeholders and collective experience
- Lead for Studio in priority Activation teams – Marvel & Star Wars
· Working closely with Finance & Theatrical Sales teams create and approve all title budget forecasts and title P&Ls.
· P&L and Marketing budget responsibility for Studio releases, driving maximum revenue and efficiency for TWDC.
· Conduct full financial review and publish learnings for all key titles
· Manage P&Ls to achieve fiscal year AOP target & gain business approval.
· Own and control the Marketing Budget for the Studio business.
· Work closely with Marketing Communications team to develop a robust marketing budget to effectively maximise our internal resources and drive owned, earned & bought media strategic thinking.
Analysis and Insights
· Lead on-going tracking development – MMS data
· Use insights to drive intelligence for title marketing campaigns and post campaigns reviews
· Working closely with Distribution team to keep abreast of competitor/market landscape and use this insight to drive more effective & efficient campaigns.
· Conduct dating & release strategy analysis where relevant.
· A university degree holder, preferably in business management of marketing
· Significant marketing experience (10+ years)
· Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing strategies and successfully influencing others as part of this.
· Solid Leadership qualities and experience
· Proven ability to develop clear marketing strategy using strategic analysis and frameworks, and effectively communicating and gaining buy-in on developed strategy.
· Proven identification, development and delivery of significant innovative and value-add initiatives to the business.
· Solid experience in online social marketing and digital landscape.
· Proven ability in budget management and cost control.
· Communication and engagement with top-level management.
Solid experience with, and knowledge of, new technology trends and new content distribution technologies and platforms.
· Well-rounded business professional with strong commercial focus - and who aligns all marketing activity to the priorities of the business.
· Proficiency in business metrics and numbers - with ability to review data and translate analyses into understandable and actionable presentation formats.
· Strategic and visionary in thinking - with an ability to anticipate market and consumer behaviour changes.
· Creative and innovative – challenges status quo and seeks new and better ways of doing things.
· Customer-centric - starts with a view of customer segments, needs and insights when developing strategy and reviewing customer-facing materials.
· Externally focussed – actively looks for ‘best practice’ and assesses market and competitive activity for insights.
· Results orientated – strong sense of urgency, delivers, and measures results using metrics ‘that matter’.
· Strong leadership skills - with the ability to inspire and manage cross functional projects.
· Proactive, self-starter - with ability to self-direct through multiple concurrent projects and rally team support for process and accountability.
· Superior time management and organisational capabilities - including the ability to prioritise, manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on deadlines in an effective manner.
· Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Succeeds through collaboration - works with, and through, others to achieve desired results. Always considers as priority ‘what is best for the business’.
· Superior communication and presentation skills - written and oral.
· A ‘people person’ - who has strong communication, engagement and influencing skills to drive deliver of results.
· Flexibility and adaptability - able to work through ambiguity and changing landscapes, guide team through that process, and reaching out to stakeholders as required to work through requirements together
Passionate - about the Disney brand, the industry and successfully delivering to the customer and the business.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.