Jedi Academy: Virtual Production TD - Operator in Training (StageCraft)Apply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10000742 Location Manhattan Beach, California, United States / Los Angeles, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jun. 23, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Over a 5 week period, the Virtual Production Technical Director - Operator in Training will receive specific training aligned with key areas of our Brain Bar team. The Virtual Production Technical Directors (VP TDs) work in 3 key areas: Virtual Set, Camera & Layout and Lighting & Color; and are the core StageCraft software operating team. As part of your training, you will get exposure to a variety of workflows and softwares used in each of these roles.
What You’ll Learn
- Operation and troubleshooting of the Stagecraft Virtual Production tool set
- Assisting with asset ingest, scene setup, optimization, and validation of look and performance of scenes in Stagecraft
- Assisting with troubleshooting a variety of issues including mocap connectivity, interactive tool behavior, and assets
- Recording takes and tracking shot/scene names with live action unit
- Matching look and placement of digital environments, characters and set dressing to real world counterparts
- Calibrating and ensuring connection of virtual camera(s) to live action camera(s)
- Making scene adjustments to achieve the goals of the key creatives on-set, including lighting, animation, set dressing, and color correction
- Providing supervisor with accurate time-to-completion estimates for changes or troubleshooting issues
- Triaging and reporting of issues to engineering
- Providing deliverables from Virtual Production to post-VFX team
- Set Etiquette
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Film Production or a related field OR equivalent relevant experience, ideally 2-3 years
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
- Creative technical problem solver, able to improvise solutions in pressure situations
- VFX production / pipeline experience (preferably as a Virtual Production LTD, Layout Artist, Generalist, Lighting TD, Compositor, or Pipeline Engineer)
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of assets in a VFX pipeline
- Must be highly computer literate with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Python scripting within digital content creation applications a plus
- Strong troubleshooter, able to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems
- Familiar with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production
- Excellent communication, diplomacy, and people skills
- Familiarity with realtime technology and virtual production experience preferred
- On-set experience a plus
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with LECL VFX Inc Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
LECL VFX Inc Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.