Technoprops Electrical EngineerApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10001188 Location Manhattan Beach, California, United States / Los Angeles, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jul. 13, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Technoprops-ILM designs and manufactures state-of-the-art virtual production hardware and software, including facial capture headrigs, virtual cameras, wireless active markers, and other specialty devices.
You will join a rich interdisciplinary team and will collaborate with Disney Research and ILM R&D in developing the next generation of facial capture technology.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate at the architectural level on the design of our next generation of HMCs (Helmet Mounted Cameras)
- Design, simulate, integrate and test custom VHDL IP to create new Technoprops on set devices and augment existing devices
- Write embedded software at the hardware abstraction and application layers
- Support development of PCB assemblies including signal speeds up to 12.5 Gbps
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Experience with system level integration of products using SoCs and microcontrollers, data and video interfaces such as USB 3, CoaXPress and MIPI CSI-2.
- Familiarity with real-time image processing implementations such as 2d convolution based filters, LUTs, debayering, upscaling.
- Experience with high-speed (GHz) signal integrity and PCB design techniques.
- Demonstrated strong VHDL or Verilog skills; logical and physical design, timing closure.
- Demonstrated ability to bring FPGA subsystem from concept through release to manufacturing.
- Experience analyzing root cause, design debugging, and problem solving with engineering test equipment.
- Familiarity with device driver architecture in Linux.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance and experience handling multiple tasks.
- 3+ years of experience designing imaging systems.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical hardware development.
- Experience with MIPI CSI-2 video interface.
- Experience writing camera device drivers in embedded Linux.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with LECL VFX Inc Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
LECL VFX Inc Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.