Buyer Food M/F – Permanent ContractApply NowApply Later Job ID 967838BR Location Marne-la-Vallée, France Business Disneyland Paris Date posted May 10, 2022
Within the Food Division, this new structure is responsible for implementing a new Food & Beverage purchasing strategy for all 146 F&B points of sales at Disneyland Paris (Parks, Hotels and Disney Village). The development of Food services is one of the strategic areas of focus for the coming years.
This role operates following Disneyland Paris 4 strategic priorities: Operational Excellence, Valuing Cast Member Experience, Captivating Experiences and Products and Disney-Style Consumer Journey.
The Buyer aims to obtain the best cost/quality ratio of the product families he/she manages in order to improve the overall profitability of the Food & Beverage division and satisfy the customers' needs.
- Define the purchasing strategy for your categories in order to achieve the objectives set by the Food & Beverage Division.
- Carry out sourcing, know your markets, monitor products and trends.
- Prepare and launch tenders.
- Negotiate prices, commercial, contractual and logistic conditions and services.
- Guarantee the choice of the best logistic circuit for the regarding products and suppliers.
- Manage the product range in collaboration with the internal departments concerned.
- Monitor and evaluate suppliers in terms of product and quality of service
- Participate in product tests.
- Monitor contracts and manage litigations with suppliers
- Work cross functionally to advance your projects.
- Manage your dashboard with the different KPI's.
- Ideally, you have Masters’ degree in purchasing from a business school/food engineering school. You have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the purchasing function in the catering, retail or food industry.
- Your negotiation skills are excellent and so are your analytical skills and ability to summarize
- You are a rigorous, organized, good communicator and you know how to sell your projects.
- You are fluent in French (C1) and you are an intermediate user in English (level B1/B2).
- You master Excel
‘Disneyland Paris is committed to offering its Cast Members the best possible working conditions. In this context and to guarantee optimum flexibility, Cast Members whose role do not require accessing on-site facilities and/or on-site physical interaction are permitted to work remotely, with a minimum presence requirement of five days per month on site’.
About Disneyland Paris:
Disneyland® Paris is a company where dreams really do come true. Here, our Cast Members work on stage or backstage, in hundreds of professions. Their mission: offering every guest an unforgettable Disney Experience at our 2 theme parks and our 7 hotels as well as Disney Village. The passion and enthusiasm of our teams has made our company the number one tourist destination in Europe!
Creating dreams carries with it many responsibilities. For our resort, long-term development must be rooted in a sustainable tourism model. We have made important social & environmental commitments, which we seek to implement with the continuous involvement of our employees and stakeholders.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with EURO DISNEY ASSOCIES SAS, which is part of a business we call Disneyland Paris.
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and hourly non-union employees, as well as certain employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement, and all newly hired employees. Exceptions apply in certain states. Learn more here(Opens in new window).