Buyer / Head of merchandise planning Hardline F/H - CDD 2 yearsApply NowApply Later Job ID 879415BR Location Marne-la-Vallée, Île-de-France Region, France Business Disneyland Paris Date posted Nov. 08, 2021
Within the merchandise division of Disneyland Paris, you will be responsible for steering the purchasing strategy and performance of your sectors in close collaboration with the product manager and the procurement officer.
In partnership with your product manager, you will build your sector's strategy over a 2-year period, taking into account the major orientations (franchises, boutiques) that will enable you to achieve the target turnover and guarantee the financial profitability of your sector (margin, stock level, number of references).
Your missions :
- Build and update the sales forecast parameters taking into account the franchise/category strategy and the associated store perimeter,
- Participate in the achievement of the turnover objective by defining a coherent quarterly commercial strategy with the product manager (sales potential, width and renewal of the assortment),
- Manage the sale of products according to the product's life cycle or sales level, in compliance with Disneyland Paris' promotional guidelines,
- Monitor and update performance indicators (revenue, margin and turnover rate) to ensure optimal stock levels in the sector by managing the purchasing budget,
- Carry out various studies and in particular the assessment of current collections/initiatives by carrying out profitability analyses by reference/category,
- To be a driving force behind the action levers to be implemented to improve the sector's performance and to regularly make field visits as a team to ensure the proper implementation of the sector's strategies,
- Support in a leadership role his assistant and his supplier in the achievement of the results of his sector,
- Ensures optimal communication between the different parties (sourcing team, logistics team, product development, sales team),
- Participate in cross-functional projects for his/her division.
Ideally, you have a BAC +5 in Business School specialized in logistics, international trade or marketing, and you have at least one year of experience as a buyer or merchandise planning manager in the Hardline sector.
You have a good command of French (level C1) and written and spoken English (level B2).
You have strategic analysis skills and strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is essential, knowledge of BO, Tableau and Futurmaster is a plus.
Disneyland Paris is committed to offering its Cast Members the best possible working conditions for their professional development. In this context and to guarantee optimal flexibility, jobs that do not require intervention or access to on-site facilities or applications and/or physical interactions can be performed on a telecommuting basis, with a minimum required presence of five days per month on site.
Our destination is subject to the Health Pass requirement for all our visitors. It is also as of August 30, 2021 for some of our employees.
About Disneyland Paris:
Disneyland® Paris is a company where dreams really do come true. Here, our Cast Members work on stage or backstage, in hundreds of professions. Their mission: offering every guest an unforgettable Disney Experience at our 2 theme parks and our 7 hotels as well as Disney Village. The passion and enthusiasm of our teams has made our company the number one tourist destination in Europe!
Creating dreams carries with it many responsibilities. For our resort, long-term development must be rooted in a sustainable tourism model. We have made important social & environmental commitments, which we seek to implement with the continuous involvement of our employees and stakeholders.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with EURO DISNEY ASSOCIES SAS, which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Paris.
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best- entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired employees.
Learn more here.