Lighting Designer Show M/FApply Now Apply Later Job ID 729030BR Location Marne-la-Vallée, Île-de-France Region, France Business Disneyland Resort Paris Date posted Dec. 02, 2019
Under the responsibility of the Technical Design Show Manager, the Light Designer imagines, designs, implements and then transfers to the operational staff the scenic "business" needs of the various show creations managed by the Technical Show Project Manager.
- Collaborate spontaneously, according to his specialization, with other creative designers (directors, scenographers, costume designers, sound, lighting, video & show control, special effects), the Technical Project Manager for Shows, Production to the artistic development of the project by being proactive with the creative direction and by participating in brainstorming sessions, tests,
- Study, according to its specialization, the optimal technical and financial feasibility of the projects entrusted to it,
- Design, according to its specialization and in accordance with the predefined global strategy, the optimal technical installations on the projects entrusted to it (via tests, prototypes, investigations, studies, analyses, plans, diagrams, logigrams)
- Write the Specifications as well as the global and fixed price breakdown (DPGF) in a permanent concern of optimization and relevance in relation to the artistic, technical, safety, calendar, budgetary, qualitative and operational stakes of the project (operation, reliability, durability, maintenance),
- Implement projects globally, carry out any necessary programming and adjustments and then actively participate in technical and artistic rehearsals, General, Preview and First, being a force of proposal and responsive, in collaboration with the other actors of the project,
- Assist in the editing of safety files,
- Produce technical files, training manuals, installation, use and maintenance procedures related to its field of activity and distribute them through the appropriate channels,
- Carry out the transfer of the project with the operators (collaborative technical acceptance, establishment of a possible punshlist, documentation and archiving, training, assistance in the creation of post-project operational responsibility matrices) then ensure regular monitoring of the product with a view to continuous improvement by providing its expertise to the Operational Services and Maintenance,
- Innovate, benchmark and ensure artistic, technological and regulatory monitoring,
- Ensure compliance with procedures and quality standards as well as health and safety rules.
Ideally holding a Master's degree in Light Design, Art and Theatre Techniques or equivalent, you have a minimum of 7 years' experience in designing Light in the performing arts.
Proficiency in French (Level C1) and English (Level B1)
Mastery of Pack Office, mastery of Sketchup, Autocad and Solidworks software will be appreciated.
Knowledge of the Live Show is imperative.
Certification: Laser safety certificate level 2
Authorization: Electrical B2/BR or equivalent
You are a naturally collaborative person, good communicator and teacher.
You know how to be responsive, dynamic, available and able to work on a just-in-time basis while respecting deadlines.
About Disneyland Paris:
Disneyland® Paris is a company where dreams really do come true. Here, 16 000 Cast Members work in nearly 500 operational and support professions, on stage or backstage. Their mission: offering every guest an unforgettable Disney Experience at our 2 theme parks and our 7 hotels as well as Disney Village. The passion and enthusiasm of our teams has made our company the number one tourist destination in Europe!
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with EURO DISNEY ASSOCIES SAS, which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Paris.