SEASON 2022 : Guest Relations/Front Office/Ticketing - Temporary ContrApply NowApply Later Job ID 890710BR Location Marne-la-Vallée, Île-de-France Region, France Business Disneyland Paris Date posted Nov. 26, 2021
Apply here to be considered for the following four customer service positions:
Guest Relations Host/Hostess M/F
Reception Host/Hostess M/F
Ticketing Host/Hostess M/F
Guest Relations team members can work in a variety of locations, both indoors and outdoors. Daily responsabilities may include improving the guest experience in the face of unforeseen events by offering alternatives and/or solutions, giving advice and booking tables at Resort restaurants, managing the attribution of Easy Access Cards and Priority Cards to disabled guests and taking care of lost children at the ‘Baby Care Center’.
Reception team members can work in a variety of locations. Daily responsibilities may include processing hotel guest check-in and check-out, creating personalised interaction with our guests, improving the guest experience in the face of unforeseen events by offering alternatives and/or solutions and making additional sales.
Ticketing team members can work in a variety of locations, both indoors and outdoors. Daily responsibilities may include greeting and advising guests, recommending the ticket or service that best meets their needs, improving the guest experience in the face of unforeseen events and managing guest flow prior to Park daily opening and as guests exit.
Our theme parks, hotels, Disney Village operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and working hours can start as early as 6am while others can end as late as 2am.
Basic Qualifications:- Be at least 18 years old
- Fluent in French (B2) and Intermediate English (B2) as well as a third European language (B1+/B2)
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team
- Standing for 2 to 3 hours at a time
- Excellent sense of hospitality
- Ability to perform several tasks at once and work in a fast-paced environment
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to handle and resolve situations Visitor
- Receptive to special requests
- Enthusiastic about interacting with and helping the Visitors.
- Able to make independent decisions for our Visitors
- Self-directed (can perform tasks with minimal supervision)
- Eager to follow instructions and take instructions
- Support from other actors working in your team
- Can perform repetitive tasks while maintaining quality
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work outdoors even in bad weather
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of schedules, including weekends, holidays and special events.
- Perform all work-related duties in a friendly and cordial manner, committing to exceed customer expectations.
Additional Information:Fixed term contract (CDD) from 2 to 8 month from February to September 2022.
The interviews will be held remotely for positions located in Marne-La-Vallée.
Our destination is required to adhere to the conditions of the “Pass Sanitaire” which is currently mandatory for all our visitors. From the 30th of August It is also required for some of our employees.
About Disneyland Paris:
Disneyland® Paris is a company where dreams really do come true. Here, our Cast Members work on stage or backstage, in hundreds of professions. Their mission: offering every guest an unforgettable Disney Experience at our 2 theme parks and our 7 hotels as well as Disney Village. The passion and enthusiasm of our teams has made our company the number one tourist destination in Europe!
Creating dreams carries with it many responsibilities. For our resort, long-term development must be rooted in a sustainable tourism model. We have made important social & environmental commitments, which we seek to implement with the continuous involvement of our employees and stakeholders.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with EURO DISNEY ASSOCIES SAS, which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Paris.
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best- entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired employees.
Learn more here.