Senior Manager Communication, Crisis and Issues Management M/FApply NowApply Later Job ID 818443BR Location Marne-la-Vallée, Île-de-France Region, France Business Disneyland Paris Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
Your missions include but are not limited to:
- Anticipate, manage and develop communication plans to ultimately mitigate or resolve issues that may be a threat to the Company’s reputation and role in the region.
- Develop and lead internal, ad hoc, cross functional teams to manage issues and further raise the perception of Disneyland Paris’ reputation including tactics such as developing long and short term communications plans, informing key external and internal stakeholders, potentially finding and implementing new business practices, identifying emerging trends, and partnering with third-party and industry experts to stay up to date on consumer and stakeholder expectations.
- Manage crisis situations from description, to recommended communication approach, message production, media management and follow-up/monitoring.
- Lead a community of communicators working on sensitive issues on an ad hoc basis via the creation and updating of shared tools.
- Occasionally be on call and be responsible for the scheduling and monitoring of the situations that may arise.
- Work closely with the Resort’s Public Affairs and Communications leaders.
- Manage up to 2 direct reports.
The keys to success?
- You ideally hold Master's degree in Public Affairs, Business, Political Science or Communication.
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ work experience within a large international company, based in France, in either Corporate Communications or Public Affairs.
- You are truly a specialist in managing sensitive/issues situations from a communications point of view.
- You have proven strong organizational and management skills in issues management and corporate communication plans.
- You are able to identify, engage with, influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders as well as an immediate team.
- Strong understanding of social media and how it is used by stakeholder groups and businesses are key for this role.
- Your French and English are fluent (minimum C1 level). You demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills; including public speaking, facilitating meetings and presentations.
- Experience within the travel and tourism industry and its role in France / Europe is appreciated.
The Disney Difference?
- Developing and creating communication plans for Europe’s leading family entertainment destination as a catalyst for social change
- Part of a dynamic team that is responsible for both proactive and reactive communications related to the expansion of Disneyland Paris and the transformation of the Walt Disney Studios Park.
- The opportunity to work with a diverse number of leaders throughout Europe to further enhance the reputation of Disneyland Paris and bring more awareness to the company’s sustainable efforts and community contributions on a pan-European scale.
‘Our destination is required to adhere to the conditions of the “Pass Sanitaire” which is currently mandatory for all our visitors. From the 30th of August It should also be required for some of our employees’
Disneyland Paris is committed to offer its Cast Members the most favorable working conditions for their professional development. As such, to guarantee greater flexibility, jobs that do not require on-site presence or access to applications and/or physical interactions, benefit from our ‘working from home’ policy with at least five days per month onsite.
For more information on employment at Disneyland Paris, visit careers.disneylandparis.
About Disneyland Paris:
Disneyland® Paris is a company where dreams really do come true. Here, 17 000 Cast Members work in nearly 500 operational and support professions, on stage or backstage. Their mission: offering every guest an unforgettable Disney Experience at our 2 theme parks and our 7 hotels as well as Disney Village. The passion and enthusiasm of our teams has made our company the number one tourist destination in Europe!
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with EURO DISNEY ASSOCIES SAS, which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Paris.