Senior Manager Research & Development - Executive Chef M/FApply NowApply Later Job ID 964542BR Location Marne-la-Vallée, France Business Disneyland Paris Date posted Jun. 26, 2022
Reporting to the Catering Product Director you will participate in the development of the culinary strategy at Disneyland Paris (DLP). You will define, direct and steer the culinary Research and Development policy, managing and controlling all the parameters.
You will create and implement new products in close collaboration with the operational teams and the segment, and ensure that customer satisfaction is optimized by respecting the quality standards that DLP has decided to offer its visitors.
- Develop new lines of research on new products or adaptations of existing products, in order to meet the catering strategy at DLP.
- Monitor the progress of the Food Department's projects and initiatives by keeping an internal and external watch in order to think about and build new concepts and/or develop culinary production methods in line with market expectations.
- Plan and validate the implementation of new menus and catering concepts, according to the previously defined strategy, taking into account market developments and demonstrating creativity in line with DLP and segment standards in order to ensure the optimization of customer satisfaction and the expected financial results,
- Define a policy in line with environmental standards, food balance, customer traceability, while respecting the rules of hygiene and food safety,
- Collaborate with the Purchasing department and other support services to optimize the quality, cost and rationalization of new products,
- Coordinate, participate and validate new Corporate Alliance partners and products
- Drive creative development of new projects from Blue Sky to project delivery, including Blue Sky, concepts, presentations, specifications, design and delivery of the Food concept in collaboration with the Projects, Facilities Assets Management (FAM), Walt Disney Imagineers (WDI) and Food Safety teams
- Organize the activity of the Product Executive Managers, evaluate their actions and performance, encourage their professional development and develop a team dynamic.
- Foster relationships and communication with all business lines or official DLP partners to understand the evolving needs of customers and transform them into strategic directions.
- Participate in the elaboration and construction of the budget, control the objectives allocated to your business line by implementing the product strategy within the division, monitor the results of the activity
Basic Qualifications:You have a diploma in hotel restaurant/kitchen background, you have 10 years of professional culinary experience in the restaurant industry with team management. International experience is desired.
You are used to managing several varieties of cuisine as well as a large volume of catering.
You are known for your creativity, leadership and interpersonal skills. You are a very good listener, collaborative and a good decision maker.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French are required (C1 level spoken and written).
About Disneyland Paris:
Disneyland® Paris is a company where dreams really do come true. Here, our Cast Members work on stage or backstage, in hundreds of professions. Their mission: offering every guest an unforgettable Disney Experience at our 2 theme parks and our 7 hotels as well as Disney Village. The passion and enthusiasm of our teams has made our company the number one tourist destination in Europe!
Creating dreams carries with it many responsibilities. For our resort, long-term development must be rooted in a sustainable tourism model. We have made important social & environmental commitments, which we seek to implement with the continuous involvement of our employees and stakeholders.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with EURO DISNEY ASSOCIES SAS, which is part of a business we call Disneyland Paris.