Content Marketing Executive: Marvel, Lucasfilm & National GeographicApply NowApply Later Job ID 882632BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 02, 2021
The role will be responsible for identifying content opportunities and managing content creation working collaboratively with internal teams and external partners. By planning and maintaining campaign calendars, the Content Marketing Executive will ensure the most effective creative formats and distribution strategies are adopted.
- Assist with planning studio, Disney+ and franchise owned media campaigns to drive audience growth, engagement and conversion
- Plan content activity to meet both short, and long term, objectives
- Ensure all content aligns back to the wider brand and marketing strategies
- Plan content that is fit for platform and audience
- Help define the role of multiple owned media channels to deliver marketing messages
- Monitor content trends to ensure output is relevant and first to market opportunities are adopted
- Deliver content that drives positive audience outcomes and engagement
- Brainstorm, and host ideation sessions, to generate innovative content for all owned media channels
- Repurpose and localise global content to meet local requirements
- Liaise closely with internal teams on asset creation
- Manage external agencies and partners to deliver fit for purpose assets
- Arrange content capture at live events including announcements and other live activations
- See through the creation of campaign content calendars that support cross company alignment
- Engage stakeholders from across the business to build content plans
- Be reactive and work with agility to accommodate for global and local announcements
- Support the distribution and amplification of content via owned, shared and bought media channels, briefing and managing agency relationships as required
- Engage global and local brand teams to approve content
- Ensure content meets global and local legal requirements
- Seek and support necessary permits and approvals to produce content
- Deliver reporting as required to identify key learnings and adapt campaigns
- Ensure campaign learnings disseminated to all stakeholders and the agreed learnings are actioned within future campaigns
- Manage budgets for relevant content creation including working with partners
- Uphold the reputation of Disney brands at all times, through managing message delivery, tone of voice and ensuring content sits within global brand and visual guidelines
- Act as a brand custodian and ensures brand compliance
- Gather and interpret brand insights to guide recommendations
- Maintain correspondence with global teams to secure relevant approvals
- Manage stakeholders and work proactively with departments, teams or external agencies to drive best practice
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar owned media and content role, preferably working across multiple brands in a global company
- Knowledge of social media scheduling platforms including Sprinklr preferable
- Collaborate and can-do attitude
- Ability to multitask and agility when faced with changing workloads and deadlines
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate initiative
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, analytical eye and strong attention to detail
- Organised and proactive – real self-starter
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Keynote
- Be creative and confidently put forward ideas
- A ‘people person’ - who has strong communication, engagement and influencing skills – and desire to work in a collaborative way
- Flexibility and adaptability - able to deal with ambiguity and changing landscapes
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm for new experiences.
Additional Information:This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then apply now!
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.