Content Merchandiser, Disney+Apply NowApply Later Job ID 805219BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 11, 2021
The focus of the Content Merchandiser role is to ensure the ANZ Disney+ services are up to date with the latest new content made available through our delivery workflow. Working with our scheduling teams, you will wireframe the service each month, prioritising titles, promotions and events depending on a variety of global/local requirements.
You will use the bespoke Disney CMS to manage the featuring of new movies, TV and shortform available to the service. You will analyse viewing behaviour data to inform editorial steer and curation of content, and you will help create and maintain a best-in-class SVOD experience utilising Disney’s world-renowned characters and intellectual properties.
Though you will own your own areas of responsibility, you will report directly into the Merchandising Manager and work closely with the rest of the Content Planning & Merchandising team, working towards the end goal of increasing user consumption and extending customer lifespan throughout all available markets.
You should have an excellent knowledge of the Disney brand and all associated content (Movies and TV) and a genuine passion for entertainment.
- Use Google Doc templates to create detailed featuring wireframes of ANZ service updates on a short term and long term basis, encompassing Disney+ content drops, editorial events, key content initiatives and IP/character anniversaries
- Use Polaris, the bespoke Disney+ CMS, to program, publish and schedule regular service updates, including weekly service refreshes, new editorial collections, brand and IP updates and content priorities
- Plan Disney+ editorial events that are tailored to specific markets, including local seasonal events and unique editorial collections that align with local content priorities, working closely with the Design team to create appropriate assets
- Ensure that all translation and localisation work is accurate and work closely with ANZ Disney+ merchandising teams to ensure tone of voice remains consistent
- Work closely with ANZ Disney+ marketing teams to ensure alignment of local messaging and appropriate featuring
- Develop regular routines for post-publish content validation and service QC to ensure all content is published and featured as scheduled
- Work closely with schedulers both local and global and share viewing trends and consumption data with wider team
- Experience of working on a digital platform/CMS required
- Previous SVOD management or content programming experience preferred
- Familiarity with all Disney & Fox brands and popular IP, including movies and TV
- Familiarity with iOS/Android platforms and multiple devices (tablets, browsers, mobile, web, connected devices)
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets preferred
- Experience with content reporting and data analysis preferred
- Ability to understand larger objectives whilst also able to focus on intricate detail
- A robust knowledge of the SVOD market and close competitors
- Strong planning and coordination skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and adapt to changing business demands at short notice
- Eloquent communicator
- Effective relationship builder
- Curious and “Can do” attitude
- Able to work well with ambiguity
Additional Information:This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then apply now!
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.