Digital DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 876415BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 21, 2021
The Digital Designer will work with the Creative and Production team and be an integral part to outputting world-class digital content. Content will include a variety of disciplines including motion graphics, HTML5 animation, static graphics for outputs including social, digital, online, EDM, video and OOH.
The Digital Designer must be an all-around creative with an eye for small details and a passion for big ideas.
They will partner with designers, a copywriter, social media specialists, producers and editors in managing creative briefs and end to end delivery of all work in progress. This role requires great communication and close stakeholder management ensuring all personnel are informed and up to date on all media deliverables daily.
You'll enjoy this role if you are an experienced Digital Designer with a keen eye for design and content who enjoys keeping up with the latest design, motion, digital and video techniques, trends, and technologies. You are as comfortable following a brief as you are drawing on your own creativity to help take projects to that next level. You show a high degree of initiative and excel in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity.
- Creating original multi-platform content for The Walt Disney Company Australia (including static and animated digital, social, online, OOH and press) from conception to delivery.
- Support the creative vision and direction of the Head of Creative and Production, Design Manager and Director, Production.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Parks team and your immediate Creative and Production to deliver quality creative for The Walt Disney Company Australia.
- Bringing new and fresh ideas to creative meetings. Researching and collecting creative ideas and references that could inspire and be relevant to our audience.
- Working with campaign style guides to develop campaign assets under the direction of the Head of Creative and Production, Design Manager and lead Designer.
- Generate innovative social content ideas and collaborate with lines of business internally to bring concepts to life.
- Participating in ideation and creative performance sessions to incorporate learnings back into future campaigns.
- Maintaining brand integrity throughout the creative and production process.
- Be informed of technological trends and new releases, communicate new ideas, concepts, and innovations with colleagues, and continually contributing to the quality and creativity of the team to ensure our offering is class leading.
- Proactively manage time and deadlines
- Support a highly-positive team culture
- Develop deep knowledge and understanding of TWDC workplace standards and practices
- A relentless drive and passion for innovation and new ideas, and true understanding of what the Walt Disney Company brands and franchises represent
- Committed to creating and supporting positive relationships and culture
- Know how to engage and tell a story through creative
- Mastery of the principals of design, colour theory, typography, graphics, motion graphics and file creation optimized for social, digital, online and broadcast
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Cloud: proficiency in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro as well as Google Web Designer/Adobe Animate
- Proven competency and superior knowledge of social platforms, formats and social media tools
- Excellent organisation skills, balancing competing priorities. Self-managed and self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Expert in design with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to prioritise and allocate work in order to meet delivery deadlines
- Strong team player, able to work in a busy and demanding environment
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to proof-check your own work
- Working with agencies to deliver brand campaign assets aligned to brand guidelines
- HTML5 experience
- You are self-motivated, with a commitment to developing your knowledge and skills.
- You have the drive and ambition to continually push your skills to the limit and deliver award-winning work
- You are confident and demonstrate a passion for your work
- You take people on the journey with you; you are a team player and demonstrate a collaborative approach in all you do
- You keep a cool head under pressure and easily adapt to change, taking a flexible approach to meeting client deadlines
- You’re an excellent communicator and able to build effective working relationships
- You have a creative approach to problem-solving and are a strong decision-maker
Basic Qualifications:About you:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Digital Designer working in a creative agency or large brand in a creative capacity, ideally completing major projects in the entertainment or media space.
- Portfolio of world-class videos demonstrating digital design and motion graphics proficiency.
- In-depth understanding of design, social, video, online, branding, marketing, consumer journey is required
Additional Information:This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then apply now!
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.