Finance Analyst, Consumer Products, Games and PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 789206BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 30, 2021
- The role will primarily be supporting the finance team in financial planning and analysis during Quarter End, Quarterly Forecast cycle and Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- In addition, this role will also assist in the commercial and other ad hoc analysis for the wider CPGP team.
- This is a junior role within the Finance team which will provide a great grounding to potentially building a long term career at Disney.
Responsibilities:Forecast and Planning
- Provide support to the finance teams during the Quarterly Forecast and with AOP
- Support the Senior Finance Analyst with key licensing deliverables for Quarter End, Quarterly Forecast and the AOP for overall CPGP.
- Assist in preparing weekly financials to the entire CPGP team during the weekly management meeting.
- Assist with the annual 5-year Strategic Plan for CPGP.
- Other ad hoc projects.
- Assist in providing commercial finance support to the CPGP team
- Analyse business performance against expectations and help the business meet or exceed financial quarterly / annual targets.
- Provide value add variance explanations when performance deviates from expectations.
- Create financial ad hoc analysis to support key business decisions in a timely manner, including market data, franchise, sub-category and regional benchmarking.
- Consider the wider business implications of financial performance, developing insight to help guide future business decisions.
- Drive efficiency and continuous improvement in both business and financial processes whilst challenging the status quo.
- Build strong understanding of retail market and related implications to CPGP business.
- Demonstrated experience in entry lcommercial finance roles, preferably within a multi national
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Stakeholder management experience across a range of levels
- Advanced level Excel and Power Point
- Decision Support
- Strong analytical skills
- Systems Focused
- SAP exposure is desirable
- Must be proactive and solution focused
- Strong Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with different levels of management
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.