Line Producer (Scripted & Non-Scripted)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 828262BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
Disney is renowned for its high standards for quality, product and business reputation. The role requires working within Disney Brand and Commissioning guidelines, collaborating and on-boarding third party production partners across ANZ and working closely with members of the content, finance, marketing and APAC teams. On the day to day, the role will track and communicate the progression of assigned projects from inception (incl development), greenlight approval, production ultimately, delivery and live activation.
This role requires extensive proven experience of working in the professional production environment (managing different genres of film and TV), strategic planning and excellent organisational skills. The Line Producer needs to be skilled and versed with Scripted & Non-Scripted Production Management dealing with budget and schedule analysis and vetting, negotiating, copyright, legal, commercial rights, compliance, talent and team management, health and safety, finance and accounting, location management (domestically and abroad) and Script breakdown. You will have support from the Production Manager in Production tracking, industry health and safety best practice, budget management, project evaluation and risk assessment, technical, post and delivery operations.
The Line Producer will be part of an exciting new, expanding production hub and as such is actively encouraged to contribute ideas, workflows, improvements and knowledge to continually improve and evolve the knowledge base within the team. This role will collaborate with all members of TWDC, working particularly close with content, finance and APAC teams, providing guidance and the opportunity to regularly share functional knowledge to the content team.
- To act as key advisor to the stakeholders in the ANZ content and leadership team to enable them to balance editorial aims and delivery requirements with financial and resource constraints.
- To enable production values to align with Disney quality expectations and build strong alliances with third party producers.
- To continually seek to provide increased value to each project/s success by challenging the status quo, reviewing production processes and shaping and implementing improved ways of operating.
- Monitor health & safety practice with support from Production Manager and keep informed about industry standards including Covid 19.
- Manage assigned budgets and produce regular reports and analysis, working closely with finance stakeholders.
- Monitor industry standards and practice to ensure Disney projects are aligned.
- Support the content commissioning team
- Provide insights to the APAC region on best practice by keeping abreast of government legislation and funding agencies, highlighting market challenges and the many local nuances and variances on the ANZ region
- In conjunction with Content Director, reviewing and analysing third party Production Company (PRODCO) budgets, schedules, scripts, timings. With support from Production Manager manage health & safety (incl. Covid requirements) with all aspects of planning & where necessary, as well as to create or collaborate to develop other budget / schedules for back up planning.
- Co-lead with Content Director, budget negotiations with independent production companies as assigned, benchmarking fair price and industry rates, this includes a sound knowledge of the Australian Writers’ Guild (AWG). Negotiate production solutions, approve production technology in consultation with the Production Manager and Disney operations team, ensuring any operational issues and production schedules deliver to Disney ANZ requirements
- Working with Production Executive and all Disney internal departments (locally and abroad) to move the project forward through casting / location recces, hires, series projections, sourcing any expertise we may need.
- Proven track record in the role of Line Producer (minimum 7-10 years)
- Proven experience of managing crews, in a professional and respectful manner
- Technical skills to understand the needs to all Production departments
- Experience of industry reporting requirements (e.g. Diversity, Music, TV Tax Rebates, Producer Off-sets)
- Competent working on Movie Magic budget and scheduling software
- Conversant with regulations around working with Children in Entertainment (domestic & international)
- Competent at creating cost reports, forecasts and finance plans as required. Also being able to analyse 3rd party cost report submissions
- Negotiation skills, commercial & IP including rights clearance experience
- Critical thinker and excellent communicator
- Ability to multitask and prioritise, able to work under pressure
- Have a strong network to keep abreast of industry trends, experiences, technology and workflows
This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then apply now!
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.