Already applied?View Dashboard
PR Coordinator: Publicity Admin & PromotionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 583426BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Walt Disney International Date posted Aug. 08, 2018
Job Summary:We are looking for a Coordinator to join the Walt Disney teams and Support our PR & Publicity team on a 12 month contract. In conjunction with exhibitor partners, the role will develop local area marketing opportunities in Victoria and Tasmania, as well as provide strong support in the publicity area by assisting with media database, SAP and invoice/budget tracking, release schedules and updating the internal One Voice platform. The role will also be responsible for the timely and cost-effective import, distribution and local production of marketing and cinema material necessary to facilitate the campaign strategy for each individual film and selected company events.
- Develop and administer local area marketing promotional/publicity opportunities with local cinemas/cinema chains in VIC/TAS.
- Assistance in maintaining the media databases
- Assistance in PR team admin tasks
- Assistance to maintain and updating of image net incl. localisation of written materials and activity sheets.
- Assistance in booking meeting rooms, assisting with Home Entertainment and Merchandise requirements and admin.
- All associated SAP accounts duties including creation of purchase orders, managing budget tracking from activity such as the media screenings, local promotions, premiums, materials, tours, premieres, State Office expenses and agency costs etc. Coordination of LAM prize fulfilment to local area marketing promotions in a timely manner.
- Sourcing stories for Internal One Voice platform, updating news carousel (with images and copy) 3-4 times per week.
- General support of the PR team as directed.
- Localisation and cost effective local production of marketing and cinema collateral to fit within pre-determined budget including posters, flyers, tickets, standees and banners.
- Collate quantities across the Studios team for materials ordering.
- Creation of local event materials.
- Distribution of marketing materials to state offices.
- Order and distribution management of promotional material.
- Ordering and tracking of marketing and cinema material from overseas.
- Maintain Materials WIP documents and spread sheets and lead Materials WIP weekly meetings across the Studios team.
- Manage Studios & PR premium and stock allocations at Active Display Warehouse.
Basic Qualifications:• Film industry (or other related industry e.g. media) experience an advantage.
• Budget management experience/knowledge.
• Knowledge of Excel, SAP, print and a/v production an advantage.
• Resourcefulness, creativity, flexibility and a passion for Disney, Entertainment
• Ability to multi-task in a team environment with ever-changing deadlines and strict budget constraints.
• An understanding of the Disney Brand values.
• Film/product event launches.
• Advanced level of all Microsoft/Apple applications.
• Knowledge of SAP.
• General negotiation and relationship management.
• Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
• A background in areas such as media, sales promotion, advertising, entertainment and PR/communications could prove advantageous.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to examines issues from a broad perspective while considering impact beyond immediate scope
• Logical and lateral thinker
• Excellent time management and organisation skills to ensure all priorities and multiple deadlines are met
• A strong team player who contributes to an environment that embraces innovation
• Strong communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal
- 12 month Fixed term Contract
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.