Product Development Executive (Graphic Designer), SoftlinesApply NowApply Later Job ID 778731BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Disney Licensing Date posted Apr. 14, 2021
The Walt Disney Company is home to some of the most well-known brands in the world; bringing stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. Here in ANZ the business is home to world-class teams of licensing and retail experts, responsible for growing and monetizing our brands through packaged goods, merchandising, licensing, publishing, letting consumers of all ages own a piece of Disney magic.
Please upload or include a link to your portfolio at application stage in order to be considered for this position.
The Walt Disney Company takes great pride in the way we uphold our brands, stories and characters in everything we do. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Brand guardianship: brand stewardship for all of TWDC's brands, protecting our most treasured assets and ensuring proper use of assets across all executions
- Star Wars: Leading PD team on Star Wars (SW) franchise, attending SW updates and understanding all processes and guardrails - key contact person for all SW creative questions
- Protect sensitive information and uphold company policies on asset logistics
- Execute creative briefs to the highest standard
- Work collaboratively in a team of creative specialists to see through design briefs, creative brainstorms and think tanks, and support with overflow projects as required
- Stay up-to-date with latest manufacturing technologies, substrates and packaging technology
- Offer constructive feedback on various team projects
Proactively manage all aspects of product development for select Softlines licensees across infant, homewares and accessories categories, including:
- All product approvals, asset enquiries and general creative-related support
- Creative inspiration, mock ups and strategic pitching
- Design trend updates, plus ad-hoc creative as identified by business needs
In addition to managing supplier accounts, the role will also be responsible for supporting the Direct-to-Retail PD Manager by managing select DTR accounts. You will be responsible for:
- New product pitching and incremental program product direction
- Strategic consideration of packaging, branding and corresponding retail marketing.
You will be responsible for managing the communication of product development and general processes between the Asia Pacific (APAC) and Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) product creation teams:
- Product consolidation/overview decks as requested
- Process reviews and collation of information
- Sharing of key dates and other general information
As an active member of an Asia Pacific (APAC) structure, you will be the key Star Wars franchise contact for all product development-related enquiries and operations for the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Product Creation team:
- Ensuring dissemination of critical information to the ANZ Product Creation team relating to Star Wars: franchise plans, guidelines, asset availability and any other relevant info
- Connecting in with global counterparts and representing ANZ’s point of view on upcoming assets and creative
- Learning all there is to know about the brand, its values and mission, and sharing your knowledge with the rest of the team
- Tertiary Qualification in Design, i.e. Graphic/Communication Design, Product Development, industrial design.
- The position requires demonstrated experience as a graphic designer, working in a product design environment. Any experience in homewares and accessories is an advantage.
- Self-starter with proactive growth mindset.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills a must
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of TWDC’s portfolio of brands an advantage
- Ability to translate trend into commercial opportunities
- Advanced knowledge in graphic design incl. all software (Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Can follow the product development process from research to execution
Additional Information:This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then apply now!
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Applications will be reviewed and Interviews may take place prior to closure date for applications. To give yourself the best chance of selection, please do not leave your application to the application ‘close’ date.
Please note that any successful offer of employment is subject to satisfactory results from background verification.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.