Product Development Executive, HardlinesApply NowApply Later Job ID 812347BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Parks, Experiences and Products, Disney Licensing Date posted Jun. 11, 2021
In the Global Product Creation (GPC) team, you will be working with our licensees to inspire, design & approve world-class product for our Consumer Products business. Ensuring products are of the highest standard and delivered on time, you will work closely in partnership with the Hardlines commercial team, the ANZ GPC team and global creative counterparts to realise product development excellence for sporting goods, toys, outdoor, collectibles, consumer Electronics and much more.
- Ensure the integrity of each of the Disney brands and its properties are appropriately executed in all product development, product approvals and creative executions associated with the hardlines categories.
- Communicate and uphold the corporate brand guidelines, and use these to guide stakeholders on strategic and creative decisions
- Understand what makes our stories different and respect each brand’s nuances and attributes
- Support Snr. Manager, PD, by answering creative briefs as required.
- Work in a team of creative specialists to support creative brainstorms, critical feedback sessions and think tanks, and support on overflow projects as required
- Stay up-to-date with latest manufacturing technologies, substrates and play technology
- Offer constructive feedback to other team members when required
- Process product approvals for Hardlines categories in a timely manner, ensuring all products are authorised for distribution by the Creative and Category teams.
- Collect and share ideas and market information to inform licensees
- Maintain a close relationship with the Hardlines and Stationery category managers; gain a deep understanding of their businesses and requirements
- Liaise closely with your licensees, ensuring clear communication of product development direction, latest asset collections, and brand & packaging guidelines.
- Respond to licensees’ creative and PD approval queries in a timely and courteous manner.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with APAC and global PD counterparts to enable sharing of global product information and ideas.
- Keep Snr Manager, GPC and wider creative team informed of latest Hardlines initiatives
- Tertiary Qualification in Design, i.e. Graphic/Communication Design, Product Development, industrial design.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in designing for consumer products.
- Experience in product design from concept stage through to finished art stage. Sound knowledge of the design and pre-press production process. i.e. creating product and packaging concept artwork, PMS spot colour printing, four colour process printing, colour separations.
- Experience in developing 3D products an advantage.
- Ability to interpret global trends and apply where relevant to local product development
- A passion for our stories, characters and brands
- Ability to think in 3 dimensions with strong attention to detail
- Proactive and passionate about product and design trend
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders effectively
- Reliable team player; results driven
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat
- Competent in Microsoft Office 365 and collaborations software like Slack and Teams
- Sound knowledge of Macintosh OS, Keynote.
- Strong communication (written, verbal) and presentation skills
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.