Senior Manager, Commercial & Business DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 885861BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 30, 2021
This position will work across Disney, Marvel, Lucas, National Geographic and Fox franchises, various categories (hardlines, softlines, consumables, publishing, digital), with local, regional and global teams. It is an initial 12 month fixed term contract opportunity based in our ANZ head office in Richmond, Melbourne.
- Day to day Account Management of key FBM programs
- Work closely with accounts and internal stakeholders to enhance value capture.
- Lead the go-to-market plans of new flexible models in ANZ (e.g. wholesale, direct-to-retail, shop-in-shop)
- Colloaborate with key executives to successfully implement new business model initiatives (e.g. Commercial, Product Development & Creative, Sourcing, Licensing, Marketing, Finance, etc.)
- Build pipeine for short and long term business growth opportunitite
- Drive efficiency through process development & improvements
- Manage internal engagement around new projects
Wholesale Portfolio Management
- Manage existing accounts, driving end-to-end execution
- Build nurturing and long lasting relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Drive business growth and brand equity
- Identifiy and develop business case for new wholesale business opportunities
- Lead commercial management and execution of strategic initiatives
- Manage retail and creative agency relationships
- Ensure timely approvals of licensee’s submissions
- Drive marketing partners to create compelling consumer marketing to support new and exisitng initiatives
- Support the Senior Manager FBM across the broader strategic projects business including partner development, ideation and new business
- Gather insights to identify new monitisation or value capture opportunities
- Proactively identify and create business case for new opportunities
- Partner with product development & marketing t innovate
- Manage onboarding of new partners and projects. i.e contract, system set up and other approvals
- Manage transitioning of new projects and products to commercial team.
- Lead and execute Market insights
- 10+ years in a commercial or brand management role
- Proven success driving brand and product growth
- Proven experience managing budgets and developing commercial strategies with proven results
- Experienced at bringing product to market
- Highly driven and motivated to achieve targets and deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and product management skills
- Ability to think pragmatically and operationally to drive execution of concepts
- Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities along with efficient project management skills
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Deep understanding of consumers and ability to develop key insights and use data to tell a story and drive decisions
- P&L management
- Drives results fast/executes with sense of urgency and accuracy
- Enthusiastic collaborator and team player with a positive attitude
- Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful
- Strong attention to detail; organized and manages timelines effectively
- Keynote, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook proficiency.
Additional Information:The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.