Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Marketing Manager – Content PlanningApply Now Apply Later Job ID 597131BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 25, 2018
Job Summary:The Senior Manager - Content Planning will lead the overarching content marketing strategy for The Walt Disney Company ANZ and will focus on content and distribution planning in partnership with line of business marketing teams including Studios, Disney Consumer Products, Disney Channels and Franchise. The role will manage the Content Planning team comprising of media and performance marketing disciplines and work in collaboration with other team members focused on Consumer Insights, Creative and Content Services. The role will guide and advise the marketing teams within each business area in the best use of our owned media assets and most effective combination of Owned, Earned Shared and Paid media for each campaign. The Senior Manager – Content Planning will be responsible for leading a team to develop and execute the appropriate content strategy, developing content ideas and calendars, working collaboratively with business areas on the most effective content, creative formats and distribution plan for their marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities:Content Planning - Strategy
- Develop content strategy for TWDC ANZ to ensure that we have the most effective combination of owned, earned, shared and paid (OESP) assets to engage our consumers.
- In partnership with the broader Content & Consumer Engagement team, ensure that we are future proofed by recommending a strategic direction for our owned ecosystem, ensuring that we invest into the correct platforms for the future.
- Drive innovation in both maximising the use of existing owned assets and the creation of new owned assets as required.
- Create an environment that fosters and encourages creative thinking from the marketing teams.
- Drive innovation agenda across OESP content planning.
- Oversee content planning for all TWDC ANZ marketing campaigns, ensuring the most effective combination of OESP channels for each campaign to ensure AOP targets are met.
- Ensure agency partners are fully briefed on our strategic direction and are equipped to make valuable contributions to our objectives.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in marketing and media to ensure that TWDC are first to market with latest technologies and trends.
- Partner with Content Services and Digital teams to ensure smooth execution of campaign needs.
Team & People
- Manage a team of eight team members (4 direct reports and 4 indirect reports), providing coaching, mentoring, and development planning to support personal and professional development over the longer-term.
- Develop processes and approaches to encourage a culture of collaboration and open communication.
- Motivate and develop team to deliver against the annual business plans, setting challenging objectives and supporting them to deliver stretch performance targets.
- Lead communication with the Global Media and Sourcing team and create conversation to raise local needs, media efficiencies, sharing information, results and best practice.
- Constantly communicate with the key stakeholders to develop grounded broad commercial opinion. • Excite and drive understanding of Content Planning across the wider TWDC
- Lead the management of the relationship with the media agency
- Work with the Social Media team on developing effective social media ideas and executions to support content planning campaign deliveries
- With guidance from the Director - Content Planning, organise an annual offsite day with a focus on forward planning
- Contribute, alongside Finance & LOB marketing teams to budget forecasts/setting and title P&L’s.
- In collaboration with the business area manage content marketing budgets for each campaign releases, driving maximum revenue and efficiency for TWDC.
- Work closely with Marketing team to develop a robust budget to effectively maximise our internal resources and drive OESP strategic thinking.
- Manage ongoing agency review process – performance and media buying, including leading discussions with the media agency on annual media deals on behalf of TWDC ANZ.
- Manage Media Agency PRIP process (where applicable)
Insights & Reporting
- Lead the Performance Marketing team in delivering appropriate owned, earned, shared & paid measurement tools, approaches and reporting.
- Manage agency planning process, ensuring dissemination of key insights and actions to the leadership team and broader marketing community.
- Use insights to drive intelligence for title marketing campaigns and post campaigns reviews
- Provide essential insight & knowledge for the Senior Management Team.
- Significant marketing experience (10+ years)
- Demonstrated experience in managing/working with media agencies (7+ years)
- Demonstrated experience of paid media principles across all channels
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing marketing strategies and successfully influencing others as part of this. Solid Leadership qualities and experience
- Proven ability to develop clear marketing strategy using strategic analysis and frameworks, and effectively communicating and gaining buy-in on developed strategy.
- Proven identification, development and delivery of significant innovative and value-add initiatives to the business.
- Solid experience in initiating and advocating cross-functional and cross-business projects, including assembling resources, defining project plan and key deliverables, obtaining buy-in and driving projects to successful completion.
- Solid experience in online social marketing and digital.
- Proven ability in budget management and cost control.
- Communication and engagement with top-level management.
- Cross-functional/cross-business team engagement and matrix environment working and reporting.
- Solid experience with, and knowledge of, new technology trends and new content distribution technologies and platforms.
- Working and dealing with a corporate environment across multiple locations
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or related discipline
- 12 month Fixed Term Contract
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.