Social Media SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 874856BR Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
Creative ideation & content creation
- Generate innovative social content ideas and collaborate with lines of business internally to bring concepts to life
- Capture content at live events including premieres, screenings, fan events, announcements or other live activations
- Source, repurpose, generate and produce content that drives positive audience outcomes and engagement
- Publish content and adapt formats, tone and messaging across various platforms
- Moderate content and conversation across social platforms and engage with the audience base to drive positive outcomes e.g. growth, shareability, engagement
- Manage and maintain content calendars
- Be reactive and work with agility to accommodate for global content announcements
- Be pro-active with community management to ensure brand safety and encourage interacton
- Deliver reporting as required to identify key learnings and adapt campaigns
- Execute paid campaign across all platforms
- Uphold the reputation of Disney brands at all times, through managing message delivery, tone of voice and ensuring content sits within global brand and visual guidelines
- Maintain correspondence with global teams to secure Studio and Franchise approval
- Ensurie all content aligns back to the wider brand strategy
- Collaborate on social growth strategies with broader content teams
- Manage stakeholders and work proactively with departments, teams or external agencies to drive best practice social media content and growth
- Identifying patterns and learnings from our social media audience data
- Staying ahead of the latest developments in social media tools, trends, platforms and techniques and be proactive in sharing news and insights with the team and relevant stakeholders
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in a similar social media role, preferably working across multiple brands
- Knowledge of scheduling platforms including Spredfast and Khoros preferable
- Proven competency and superior knowledge of social platforms, tools, and performance tracking.
- Excellent writing and copy skills with the ability to translate traditional marketing content into socially led conversations.
- Passion for storytelling, listening to what the community has to say, and providing engaging experiences in the social space.
- Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to use sound judgement to ensure content is within brand guidelines
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong collaboration skills
This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then apply now!
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.