Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Manager, eCommerce OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 526167BR Location Memphis, Tennessee, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Store Date posted 02/14/2018
The Senior Manager, E-Commerce Operations, for the North America Disney Stores business will be in charge of monitoring the performance of the third party provider operating the facility including the validation of billing, and ensuring that all service level goals are being maintained. Serve as primary liaison between Home Base and 3PL to provide forecast, performance reporting, and resolving any performance issues.Apply Now Apply Later
- Manage the third party logistics (3PL) company that Disney has contracted with to provide distribution center warehousing, fulfillment and logistics support to the E-Commerce business.
- Manage the contracted 3PL for success, ensuring all distribution management functions outsourced to the selected 3PL are completed on time and to budget to meet the needs of a dynamic and growing e-commerce business. The Senior Manager will help ensure the operation is meeting all key performance measures and targets to maximize the performance of the 3PL operations.
- Proactively interact with E-Commerce team at Home Base to manage the operational impacts of promotional / website changes, then consequently work with the 3PL operations to react. Serve as primary intermediary for forecast updates between Home Base and the 3PL (inbound, outbound, and customization forecasts). Implement any new business development initiatives required to support the Disney Stores or other Disney business units.
- Establish and manage programs with the selected 3PL to facilitate: Returns operations, Customization, quality management (QA inspection), transportation management for domestic parcel operations - including freight bill audit. This will include, but not be limited to evaluating and implementing various delivery services offered by carriers, establishing and overseeing routing tables used by the selected 3PL to minimize costs while maximizing service. Perform analysis of freight spend / performance as required, and proactively manage guaranteed delivery execution.
- Establish and manage communication and liaison with all stakeholder departments that are supported within the business (including troubleshooting processes), including but not limited to Sourcing, Planning & Allocation, IT/Systems, Finance, Inventory Control and Guest Services.
- Assist Director in performing month end accruals, budgets, and forecasts, working in conjunction with Finance partners. Provide cross functional partners with KPI reporting related to DC operations and transportation spend.
- Serve as liaison to resolve any inventory accuracy concerns with the 3PL WMS and Disney Store reporting systems through the use of both systems and research for e-commerce inventory. Provide 3PL with necessary information that is only available through the Disney Store reporting systems on an ongoing basis.
- In conjunction with Planning & Allocations, manage inventory levels available to e-commerce sales channel. This will include oversight of rework (item preparation) required to make product purchased for retail compliant with e-commerce product requirements, ensuring that rework is performed within specified time allotment to ensure that e-commerce click to ship time is not adversely impacted.
- Work closely with key department heads throughout Disney Stores, including IT & Systems, to help ensure the right business systems and solutions are installed (whether those systems and solutions are built internally or outsourced to third party providers, including the selected 3PL).
- Serve as primary representative for procurement of operating supplies for e-commerce and retail operations. Conduct annual comparisons of vendor pricing through RFQ process. Lead any packaging branding initiatives in conjunction with DSNA Marketing and selected vendors.
- Lead special projects as directed by DSNA management
- BS Operations Management, Business, or Engineering required. Strong operations management, planning and process management experience required.
- 6-8 plus years of progressive business experience, including experience in multiple business disciplines preferred. Ideal candidate will have strong hands-on experience managing 3PL operations and/or retail supply chain management operations and logistics.
- Excellent operations management leadership experience that has shown results in achieving business objectives while improving financial and operational results.
- Strong and proven experience managing staff and third party providers.
- Candidate should possess experience successfully managing business results through Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and possess a proven ability to continuously improve business operations through process improvements.
- Strong business acumen and excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Proven experience working effectively with senior and line management
- Requires enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated individual who is capable of working with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Strong ability to work in a cross-functional business environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skill
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead large, complex projects and analyses
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong negotiation skills to obtain best pricing with outside vendors, ability to procure necessary supplies at the best value
- Strong coaching and staff development skills
- Experience in Ecommerce fulfillment with multiple distribution locations
- Must demonstrate strong PC skills, familiarity with MS applications, ability to learn new applications quickly
- Experience with WMS and SAP preferred but not required