Head of LicensingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 700961BR Location Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico Business Disney Licensing Date posted Aug. 29, 2019
To achieve the revenue goals, the position will have to coordinate not only the day-to-day management of the licensees for the country but also work hand in hand with the Disney marketing and product development team to promote the brand and explore new products opportunities.
The position will also have the task of aligning the licensees to the company objectives and once this person assures that we have the best team in place, build the relationship and achieve the adequate communication to have visibility and management of the licensee resources that provide support to the company, will be in charge of developing various channels such as Retail, wholesalers, external distributors and work along with these channels to share the business objectives and work together in the strategy to achieve these goals together.
Additional to the channels mentioned above, this position will be accountable for finding creative ways to commercialize our products working together with the product development and marketing teams, developing new channels, and strategies to boost business results.
- Accountable for achieving the commercial goals (revenue) for the country for the FY budget.
- Act as liaison between licensees in order to assure a standardized product execution across different business and the strategic positioning of each license in the market, maximizing its potential in the Mexican market.
- Assure the strategic alignment of the branches and brands with the corporate global guidelines according to market trends and needs.
- Guarantee the product development and quality management in the country, considering best practices from other geographies.
- Implement new commercial strategies when needed in order to maximize company/product strengths and business opportunities.
- Be part of the quality standards definition and innovation opportunities through an adequate branch strategy, working in partnership with marketing teams.
- Ensure the good relation and communication between the company and the licensee / retailer.
- Implement the already defined strategy by the Regional leadership in Mexico.
- Proven experience managing regional licenses and licensees from a leadership position.
- Successful experience managing licenses business at FMCG, Beauty, Food & Beverage, Media and similar industries at leadership positions. (+15 years)
- People management experience of at least 10 years is required as a must.
- Strategic thinker works comfortably in a global environment.
- Creative, open to do things in different and disruptive ways.
- Understands how to work in a global company; mixing creative ideas and innovative processes with brand compliance.
- English - Bilingual
- Availability to travel
- Minimum: Bachelor degree
- Ideal: Master Degree
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Mexico), S. de R.L. de C.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.