Manager, Corp Comms & Publicity DPEPApply Now Apply Later Job ID 747212BR Location Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 09, 2020
- Strategic planning and supervision of implementation of all DPEP Publicity campaigns for The Walt Disney Company IP’s throughout Latin America.
- Delivering publicity campaigns to be adapted throughout the region.
- Administration of regional PR budgets.
- Enabling of fully open communication between publicity teams in Latin America for optimal brainstorming and publicity initiatives implementation.
- Aid marketing team to preserve the ideas and campaign concepts through the region by supervising the regional strategy and the local execution.
- Communication and coordination with Burbank based teams.
- Managing of opportunities available for Latin America press, coming from outside the region.
- Developing of press opportunities in Latin America, leveraging on original productions and IP’s.
- Supervising the creation of publicity assets and materials throughout the region, guarantying: full Disney quality, digital efficiency and delivery time.
- Tracking, measuring and reporting on publicity campaigns effectiveness throughout the region.
- Handling the relationships with pan-regional media outlets and pitching them on Publicity & Business stories.
- Implementation of local (Brazil & Mexico priorities) media relations plan and a PR content strategy targeting effectiveness of media buy with focus on digital.
- Facilitate exchange of ideas between teams across company that impact the launches communication strategy.
- Build rapport and strong network with internal clients.
- Support the DPEP business growth across the region with innovative PR materials and immersive experiences, leveraging Out of Home and In- Home PR talent's access and ensuring a synergic approach in all aspects.
- Manage DPEP Corp Comms & Internal needs across the region, including crisis management related to product recalls and executive exposition for key audiences (trade, internal and other)
- Developing holistic communications strategies based on the Company's priorities and serving several internal teams including Marketing, Human Resources, Legal, and the Senior Management, among others, with the objective of boosting the Company's internal and external positioning and reputation, and collaborating to the enhancement of the Company's businesses.
- Supervising the execution of the corporate communications, internal communications, and corporate citizenship communications plans.
- Crisis Management: identifying, monitoring and reporting potential or actual critical or positive issues found on press and social media, anticipating and containing negative issues.
- 8-10 years of experience in similar roles, or PR agencies.
- Preferred Industries: Entertainment, Retail, Technology.
- Manager and up, experience managing direct reports is a must.
- Proven records of regional management experience.
- Well organized with effective time management,
- Business support driven,
- Entrepreneurial spirit,
- Relationship oriented, trustful, open, empathic and collaborative.
- Availability to travel.
- Technical / specific expertise:
Creative approach for campaign planning and materials developing.
Managing third party vendors.
Crisis management expertise
Regional role expertise (including Brazil)
Good negotiator with a synergic win-win approach
Team leader and player.
Adaptability to work under pressure.
Availability to acknowledge issues, prioritize and multi-task effectively while using good business and financial judgment.
Capacity to manage multiple project at the same time.
Articulate with clarity the ideas and the needs.
- Minimum: Bachelor on Mass Communications, Journalism, Literature, Public Relations or similar.
- Ideal: Master's degree
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both Spanish and English. Portuguese is desirable.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Mexico), S. de R.L. de C.V., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.