Product Safety Jr. ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 702337BR Location Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico Business Disney Licensing Date posted Sep. 05, 2019
We are seeking a detail-oriented motivated self-starter to join Corporate Product Integrity for the Latin America region. The Product Integrity Program needs technical leadership to manage the safety and nutrition compliance program for food, health and beauty products.
Responsibilities range from working with product development to managing the safety program in conjunction with a third party service provider.
- Oversee Disney’s Product Integrity Program for food, health and beauty products across Latin America.
- Lead training and education efforts in Global Quality and Safety Requirements and Disney Nutritional Guidelines for key stakeholders, both internal and external, including licensees and cross functional business partners.
- Manage incidents, product withdrawals and recall processes.
- Perform safety and compliance documentation product reviews as needed including disposition of reviews and communicate it to affected parties clearly and in a timely manner.
- Provide technical expertise within the region to raise awareness, anticipate risk and allow business planning by enabling on-time launch of products compliant with Global Quality and Safety Requirements and Disney Nutritional Guidelines.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments for food, health & beauty products.
- Communicate to category teams on non-compliance and product considerations from a safety standpoint.
- Communicate with testing laboratories, professional services and suppliers/licensees to ensure clarity of requirements and appropriate testing is performed.
- Maintain and update technical product protocols, operating procedures and technical databases.
- Support Guest Services and Risk Management teams.
- Collaborate with global counterparts to ensure regional adherence and compliance to food, health and beauty requirements.
- Build and maintain effective work relationships by collaborating with Disney business partners (consumer products, legal, communications, and finance) to ensure a high quality and safe product is delivered within cost and on time.
- Build network of global regulatory authorities and experts to liaise with as needed.
- Research and keep abreast of new and changing product safety requirements, regulations, standards and new manufacturing materials and methods in LATAM.
- Working knowledge of food, health and/or beauty consumer product regulations in Latin America.
- Strong knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP plan and recall processes.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization and work successfully with others.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (speaking/writing/listening).
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve is essential.
- Availability to travel.
- Spanish and English professional fluency, Portuguese is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science / Engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Mexico), S. de R.L. de C.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.