Regional Director Creative & Product Development DPEP (Latam)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 691389BR Location Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico Business Disney Licensing Date posted Jul. 24, 2019
incredible portfolio of brands, stories and characters in the creation of high-quality, innovative product experiences
that tell a story and connect a broad audience with the magic of Disney. The Regional Director of Creative & Product Development
(LATAM) will lead regional Creative & Product Development teams from idea generation, art, design and product
development interfacing with global Disney teams, licensees and approval process from concept through to final
• Creative, out-of-the-box visionary capable of bringing
forth innovative ideas - art and design - that deliver
• Exceptional eye for detail, sensitivity to the guest
experience and passion for the portfolios of brands -
Disney, Pixar, Star Wars & Marvel
• Conceive and implement regional creative vision,
concepts, strategies and guidelines ensuring
alignment with global creative.
• Control and protect the quality of Disney merchandise
and the creation of innovation designs.
• Develop fresh forward facing regional style guides in
close collaboration with global teams.
• In partnership with Global & Regional CPC teams,
identify new initiatives, partners and opportunities to
• Fast to respond to market trends within product
categories and retail - Finger on the pulse.
• Develop regional assortment and inventory
optimization strategies with a view to mitigate
• Lead a regional team of product development
professionals who collaborate and partner with
licensees and global Disney teams on the
development and execution of world-class product.
• Build relationships, support and work hand-in-hand
with licensees to develop products that align with CPC
priorities, goals, and strategies to meet financial
• Align with both core regional and global franchise
strategies and drive licensed PD across the portfolio of
brands and categories.
• Track fashion trends to drive softlinks for licensing and
DTR opportunities based on local needs and retailer
strategies on DTR’s.
• Drive product design excellence by extending and
enhancing the storytelling of films, shows, characters
and franchises upholding character integrity
• Ensure accurate application of style guides across
• Leverage data and insights to determine product
strategies with licensees and to measure the success
of produced product and adjust accordingly.
• Ensure team managers are tracking and optimizing the
development of licensees’ product range
• Accountable for all LATAM brand assurance approvals
• Lead a team of Art, Design & Product Developers
across the region.
• Develop clear vision and creative strategy and share
with stakeholders across LATAM.
• Interface with counterparts in the global hubs - North
America, EMEA & APAC - Drive efficiencies through
• Nurture an inclusive, dynamic creative culture that
encourages risk-taking and challenges the status quo.
• Align and collaborate with consumer products
counterparts on specific softlinks initiatives for both
Halo and DTR Partnerships.
• Leverage ideas, assets and content across the LATAM
region and global markets. Efficiencies through
• Ensure organization is operating efficiently including
optimal tools, resources, and processes that enable
team members to deliver their objectives as effectively
• Champion training and development of regional team
members with a lens towards emerging skillsets
• Establish best practice internal processes.
Basic Qualifications:• 15+ yrs of PD experience with at least 10 in leadership.
• Inspire, mentor and grow the Creative / PD organization
across the region, recruiting and training world class
• Equipped with strong project management, operational
and analytic skills.
• Must possess high level of enthusiasm and be an
inspirational advocate for creative excellence.
Preferred Qualifications:• Advanced Spanish, English and Portuguese
Required Education• Bachelor Degree is a must;
• Master Degree is higly desirable
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Mexico), S. de R.L. de C.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.