Commercial Affairs ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 770208BR Location Milan, Lombardy, Italy Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 21, 2020
- Managing negotiations with producers and their relevant legal and business affairs departments involved to close deals on time, on budget and within company standards
- Ability to read, interpret and provide solutions on contract drafts
- Collaborating with Production Management, Creative Affairs, Finance and Legal Affairs
- Ability to read, understand and consult on budgets
- Understanding production guidelines and talent agreements
- Working closely with Production Management and Legal & Business Affairs to ensure the Company’s policies and standards are met
- Ability to supervise and track progress on multiple deal negotiations on and off system (incl. deal trackers)
- Understanding the pre-production, production, and post-production process
- Ability to critically assess progress, anticipate production issues, provide solutions and promptly supervise the implementation of new measures
- Exceptionally organised and with great attention to detail: ability to evaluate production, co-production and pre-acquisition proposals
- Excellent time and budget management skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and priorities; and always ‘staying ahead of the game’
- Flexible and result-oriented: not afraid to challenge the status quo; and pro-active to suggest new approaches. Always ready to ‘go the extra mile’
- Resourceful and strong initiative
- Excellent negotiation skills, especially in resolving production problems with producers and co-producers
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
- 4-5 yrs experience in Commercial Affairs in television production at senior level
- Knowledge of contractual key terms and conditions for production, co-production and pre-acquisition deals, talent deals, and chain of title assessment
- Understanding of the European regulatory environment including content and EU and local investment quota obligations, in particular for SVOD services
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Entertainment Productions, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.