Senior Manager, Partnership Subscriber Growth
Milan, - - ITApply NowApply Later
Job ID 768178BR Location Milan, Lombardy, Italy Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 26, 2020
Job Summary:Overview of Direct to Consumer (DTC) and Disney+
Disney+ is The Walt Disney Company’s new Direct to Consumer (DTC) video entertainment service targeted to families and fans of our iconic content and brands. The service consists of long form and short form video built around five key content brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic), with an appealing and easy to use interface accessed across multiple platforms including TVs, mobile devices, and gaming consoles.
The DTC EMEA team is responsible for the overall commercial performance and the day-to-day operations of Disney+ across the region. This includes marketing, customer acquisition and retention, partnerships, customer engagement, implementation/localisation of the global content strategy, analytics and research.
Overview of the role
Within this team, the Senior Manager, DTC partner subscriber growth role will be responsible for the day to day management of partners to drive subscriber growth. This role will be accountable for quarterly and weekly subscriber acquisition targets and ongoing partner subscriber engagement and retention, working closely with the Director, DTC partner subscriber growth for EMEA, and reporting to the local Senior Manager Affiliates who is responsible for managing the overall TWDC relationship with our partners. The role’s immediate focus will be on subscriber acquisition and retention through our strategic launch partner, TIM but also the onboarding of an additional partner in CY 21
- Agreeing annual targets and plans with our existing partners, working closely with Director D+ subscriber growth, the affiliate team
- Setting quarterly and weekly subscriber sales targets with partners
- Setting quarterly and weekly engagement and retention targets with partners
- Delivering quarterly and weekly targets
- Working closely with our partners to drive maximum ‘sell-through’ of Disney+, utilising all levers available including optimising customer journeys, effective execution of promotional (redemption-based) campaigns, and maximising our presence in all partner channels
- Working closely with our partners to drive activation and ongoing engagement, leveraging existing DTC content calendar, marketing and creative assets and creating bespoke content to drive partner subscriber engagement objectives
Basic Qualifications:This role requires proven experience and track record in delivering commercial results through building and managing third party retail partnerships, with the ability to develop clear local strategy; and work effectively and collaboratively with peers in London and Italy.
Specific skills and experience we are looking for include:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience including meaningful experience with a Media (or Technology/Telecoms) company in a commercial / partnership role
- Good understanding of digital distribution and D2C digital services partnerships preferred
- Commercial / deal-making and negotiation experience is essential
- Proven ability to build deep collaborative relationships with external partners
- Analytical thinker who is confident working with data and numbers with a keen eye to detail
- Commercial mindset and data-driven approach to delivering results
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Italia) S.r.l., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.