Senior Manager Scripted DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 770206BR Location Milan, Lombardy, Italy Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 11, 2020
The role is permanent and will be based in our office in Milan. This person's main job is to look for new scripted projects for general entertainment to compose the pipeline of productions of the Company's platforms, develop them with the internal team and with the external producers, bring them up to get the greenlight to the next stage of production.
This person reports directly to the Original Content Director and work in close contact with the Sr. Manager Production management. Together with the Director Original Production, this person will have to work with the most important independent producers of the local audio-visual market and manage the flows and processes with the Regional and International teams.
- research of projects to develop meetings with independent producers and authors
- pitch sessions
- project development
- treatment and script analysis
- working with authors on writing
- deep knowledge of the local and international audio-visual market and the competitive context (i.e.: original productions of the competitors)
- deep knowledge of the language of TV Series
- ability to analyse treatments, scripts and narrative texts
- personal skills: proactivity, listening, simplification, commitment to achieve results, creativity, team-working
- strong experience with other broadcasters or with independent production companies such as scripted development manager (7 years at least)
- proven track record in scripted development of General Entertainment content (list of development project managed)
- written and spoken fluent English (certified)
- preferable degree in humanities and/or writing courses in specialized schools
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Entertainment Productions, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.