Analyst, Product IntegrityApply NowApply Later Job ID 10064681 Location Minato-ku, Japan Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 02, 2023
Job Summary: The Product Integrity department manages the safety and compliance of products being sold or distributed with Disney brands, characters and other intellectual property. Our corporate Product Integrity group is staffed with experienced engineers and safety professionals around the world verifying product compliance.
Engineer, Product Integrity will support both vertical and licensed product compliance activities for Japan market. As the PI activities in Japan have expanded, additional support is needed at a senior expertise level that has the ability for senior judgement and decision making under the supervision and leadership of the manager.
Product Reviews (TDSJ and Licensed):
- Perform compliance product review for all assigned business units.
- Review Product packaging for language content/safety and regulatory issues.
- Provide disposition of testing reports and communicate same to affected parties clearly and in a timely manner.
- Notify merchants and vendors of upcoming significant regulatory changes or Product Guideline revisions.
- Communicate with testing laboratories and suppliers/licensees to ensure clarity of test requirements and appropriate testing is performed.
- Maintain and update Disney Technical Product specifications, as required (Product Guidelines, Test Protocol, etc.)
- Tracks and trends in Guest complaints and injuries
- Perform shelf audit as needed.
- Communicating internationally to buying teams on non-compliance and design considerations from a safety standpoint.
- Provide vendor training on Product Integrity processes, regulations and design requirements
- Maintain effective work relationships by partnering with assigned Disney Sourcing groups and Buyers, worldwide, to ensure a high quality and safe product is delivered within cost and on time
- Act as a technical resource and safety consultant to Disney Sourcing Buying Groups, Buyers and licensees regarding appropriate statutory, regulatory, and Disney product safety requirements for specific types of merchandise
- Provide education to Product/Brand Management, and other groups as needed on product safety regulations and trends in regulations, and standards for the global marketplace
- Works with management to develop and maintain department’s standard operating procedures and technical databases
- Answer, explanation for the inquiry to OPA and PRR testing
- Provide licensee training on OPA/PI component
- Serving as an intermediary between licensing teams and New Product Review Committee
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge of nutritional value calculation or working experience as a dietitian.
- Over 10 years in consumer product compliance/safety
- Working experience including product safety in food industry
- Working knowledge of US consumer product regulations is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- English and Japanese proficiency (Professional level)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple project at once
- Proficient with MS Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC (Japan) Ltd., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.