Analyst/Senior Analyst, AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10069641 Location Minato-ku, Japan Business The Walt Disney Company (APAC) Date posted Nov. 20, 2023
Overall Purpose of the Role
This role is based in Tokyo and responsible for all APAC markets.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
We are seeking an Analyst / Senior Analyst, Analytics to join our Engagement & Retention Analytics team in APAC. The primary focus of this role is to analyze user data, derive valuable insights, and collaborate with various departments to develop strategies that enhance user experiences and keep users engaged with the platform over the long term. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in mathematics & statistical techniques used for analyzing large data sources, plus a deep understanding of consumer behaviors related to marketing, content development, and digital experiences.
Areas of Responsibility
- Based on audience cohorts, creating analysis with meaningful insights that improve performance, identify opportunities, improve engagement, and reduce churn
- Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content
- Generate data-based insights that help to launch impactful and effective marketing programs.
- Develop strong hypothesis, conduct A/B analytics and make data-based recommendations
- Measure performance and reporting business outcomes in a daily/weekly/monthly basis with most relevant KPI's converted into insights and key action items to improve efficiency
- Work with other members of the team to align metric definitions across all services within the business
- Continuously drive toward efficiency by simplifying and automating where possible, eliminating redundancy across the organization, refining metrics, and building new reports as needed to support decision-making
- Assure quality and accuracy of deliverables through thorough interaction with business partners to understand and refine requirements and adherence to privacy, governance standards, and quantitative practices
Areas of Accountability
This role will report directly to the Senior Manager, Analytics (APAC).
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a similar role, preferably within a digital business
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field including Marketing, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Social Science. Graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in and expertise in SQL
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables
- Strategic thinker with good communication and presentation skills
- Creative mindset with the ability to leverage on data to develop analysis
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex data findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Good analytical mind
- Fluent in English and Japanese
About The Walt Disney Company (APAC):
For over 70 years, The Walt Disney Company has been entertaining consumers in Asia Pacific – and enriching people’s lives. Today’s consumer can discover new branded experiences in many ways and in many markets from Australia, New Zealand, Mainland China, Japan, Korea to Southeast Asia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC (Japan) Ltd., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (APAC).