Manager, Business DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 10010491 Location Minato-ku, Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The candidate will be responsible for the identification and assessment of potential growth opportunities for Third-Party Commercialization Japan, by undertaking consumer, industry and licensee research and performing rigorous financial analysis. The candidate will work closely with each team within Third-Party Commercialization Japan, participate in external licensee meetings, prepare materials for senior management review, and contribute to the Third-Party Commercialization business planning process. In addition, the candidate will work with other Business Units in WDCJ and overseas Third-Party Commercialization businesses, to the extent required.
- Undertake consumer and industry research to identify key consumer trends, competitive dynamics, new technologies, emerging players, etc.
- Research and understand the financial condition and key strategies of current and prospective licensees
- Identify and assess potential “white space” expansion strategies and potential new business models
- Develop Third-Party Commercialization business strategies including Vertical Business Model expansion (VBM).
- Work closely with Division Heads and Franchise/Category Leads and provide timely input of industry information, research findings, etc.
- Participate in licensee meetings, facilitating where appropriate, to identify key topics and provide frameworks for discussion
- Perform financial analysis to assess and quantify potential growth opportunities, and prepare presentation materials for evaluation and signoff by Consumer Products senior management
- Contribute to the annual 5 Year Strategic Plan and AOP processes
- 5-6 years in strategy development and/or business planning roles
- Strategic consulting background a strong plus
- Strong communication skills in Japanese and English, both written and verbal
- Strong interest in media and entertainment businesses
- Bachelor or above degree in business, finance, economics or related field
- Dexterity with business software (particularly Excel, Powerpoint, Keynote) and database management
- Work experience in start-up/venture businesses preferred
- Strong project management skills; Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Logical and analytical thinking; Ability to form own point of view based on objective analysis, and engage in constructive dialogue with both internal and external constituents
- Strong team player with solid work ethic; Willingness to learn and take on new tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and fast-paced working environment
- Energetic self-starter, passion for Disney
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC (Japan) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.