Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10043802 Location Minato-ku, Japan Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 17, 2023
Business Planning and Analysis
- Analyze business performance, including licensing royalty revenue from various perspectives and dimensions such as brands and franchises, product categories, licensees, consumer demographics, distribution channels, adopted technologies, market / industry analysis, etc.
- Dive deeply into financial data, predict future financial trends, and proactively provide insights and financial advice to senior management.
- Formulate annual 5-Year Plan, annual budget and quarterly forecast, working closely with key members in Publishing team.
- Control division expenses in accordance with budgets. Combat revenue shortfall by reducing expenses when necessary.
- Develop presentation materials and supporting analysis required for business review meetings by management team, with emphasis on “story-telling” as well as quantitative / qualitative accuracies.
- Lead or actively participate in various cross-functional projects for organizational efficiency improvement, new business development, etc.
- Liaison with APAC finance team to smoothly proceed forecasting operation (financial modeling)
- Support for quarter-end closing regarding revenue recognition and accrual process
- Proactively identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Conduct periodical (monthly / quarterly / annually) financial reporting to APAC and US headquarters in a timely and accurate manner.
- Carry our other ad hoc reporting tasks for management team, headquarters, etc.
- SOX control and governance as key liaison with US headquarters
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC (Japan) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.