Social Motion Designer, APAC, Disney+Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10015735 Location Minato-ku, Japan Business Disney Streaming Date posted Aug. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
People engage with The Walt Disney Company’s content, characters and stories through the great digital products that Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) builds and manages. With innovative, world-class design and engineering, we create beloved and diverse digital experiences across news, sports and entertainment.
From show clips and highlights, to video and audio streaming, and some of the world’s most trusted news, analysis, commentary and scores, our industry-leading portfolio of 90+ digital products reaches an average of more than 380 million users, who spend over 30 billion minutes and watch at least 3 billion videos, each month across the range of products and brands.
Disney Streaming is a place where we look to build something new and exciting together. We are looking for a Social Motion Designer APAC who will be responsible for creating, producing and maintaining cutting edge videos with a focus on social and digital marketing platforms. As a member of the Disney+ Marketing Performance Design team responsibilities will include animating motion designs for paid media and digital-centric creative assets including but not limited to YouTube, Snapchat, Tiktok, and more. You will be expected to work on multiple projects/tickets at a time, with a highly collaborative team.
If you are excited about joining a multidisciplinary team, pushing the boundaries of entertainment content and technology in a fast paced consumer driven marketing environment, we want to hear from you.
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio with a demo reel and other published work.
- 2-5 years of experience working as a designer/animator and a portfolio with a strong sense of typography, creating style frames/storyboarding, text/logo animation, GIFs, and interactive illustrations.
- Working knowledge of After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator. Proficiency in 3D software (C4D, Maya, Blender, etc.) a plus.
- Experience in working on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Understand best practices for short-form content on social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Tok, YouTube and Twitter.
- Can translate project details and creative direction into high-level design and animation solutions.
- Story minded and detail oriented individual who is experienced in managing projects and tasks in a high-speed, high-performance environment.
- A natural sense of curiosity and urgency to advance personal skills as well as keeping up with the tools of the trade.
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Business level English
- Business level Korean or Japanese is a plus
Role & Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and effectively design, plan, and produce complex animations, video compositions (including live-action video), and interactive applications/simulations.
- Designing and Animating in Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, Rendering in Redshift
- Detailed oriented. Thoroughly check all work for errors before content is distributed downstream.
- Self-starter with an ability to work autonomously or in a team environment as well as being able to easily multi-task
- Contribute to a passionate and dynamic team of storytellers
- Work alongside creative colleagues and stakeholders to interpret briefs and create the best work
- Creating video specific to social platforms
- BA/BS in Design, Fine Art, Advertising or relevant field
- MA/MS will be considered an asset
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.