Business Analytics & Insights (Account Analyst)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 827835BR Location Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
The Business Analytics and Insights Account Analyst will track Disney sales performance at multiple national retailers and in partnership with Sales, Retail Marketing, and Retail Brand Development teams, helping to identify opportunities to grow the business.
- Generate weekly sales reporting across different lines of business, franchises and categories and provide insights into key drivers and trends.
- Assist with preparation for annual budgeting, 5 year plan, and quarterly sales forecasting process.
- Analyze account share and opportunities to increase it at both the Franchise/Property and Category/Subcategory level.
- Pull, wrangle, and translate data from multiple databases/sources to solve business issues with cohesive and easy to understand insights
- Identify shopper trends and opportunities using third-party market level data and incorporating internal sales/financial data to create opportunity analyses.
- Create category deep dives and overviews to determine Disney’s positions and size areas of growth.
- Assist with IT and Retail teams to acquire, maintain, clean, and attribute data on weekly basis, ensuring
- databases are accurate, complete and usable.
- Coordinate within the analytics organization to optimize mapping and reporting of shared items across accounts.
- 1 year of experience in data analytics, forecasting and/or planning.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and formulas.
- Experience with BI tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, and/or PowerBI, as well as syndicated third party data such as IRI, Nielsen, or NPD.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to story-tell with data.
- Strong organizational skills and sharp attention to detail.
- 2-3 years of experience in data analytics, forecasting and/or planning.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, adapt quickly, problem solve, learn independently, and complete projects with short timelines.
- Experience in a consumer products company or retailer a plus.
- BA/BS college degree or its equivalent in relevant area – Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Accounting.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.