Head of Fox Studios, AustraliaApply NowApply Later Job ID 983697BR Location Moore Park, Australia Business Studios Content Date posted May 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Occupying a 32-acre site and providing services and facilities of the highest industry standards, the studio features nine sound stages, production offices, workshops, and hosts ~50 independent entertainment industry businesses. Over its 25-year history, the studio has accommodated over $2.5bn worth of international productions along with a wide range of domestic films, television shows, TVCs, and events. The heritage site is formerly the grounds of the Royal Agricultural Society and provides an eclectic mix of heritage buildings and purpose-built production facilities amongst manicured landscapes.
Responsibilities:Fox Studios Australia is the leader in the Asia-Pacific region for providing facilities and services to international film and television productions, and industry businesses. The Head of FSA will:
- Oversee the operation of the entire studio that operates 24/7, 365-days, encompasses over 32-acres comprising over 50,000sqm/500,000sqft of office and production space, housing 9 soundstages, corporate, and production offices plus provides ancillary services/products such as set lighting, textiles, IT services, and utilities.
- Work closely with Producers, LPs, UPMs, and other production staff to ensure highest level satisfaction during production, assist them in solving any problems and lead a flawless service delivery model.
- Manage the facility operations of the entire lot including: (1) drive revenue growth by working with the VP, FSA and others to maximize utilization of stages, offices, workshops, lighting equipment, and other services to Disney clients, as well as (2) services to 3rd parties, (3) manage vendors, and (4) provide a world-class inclusive environment for employees and our customers.
- Ensure that each building and landscape are fit for purpose both operationally and within the guidelines provided by the WH&S Act.
- Ensure that FSA’s Fox Lighting teams on the FSA Lot and in Queensland provide superior service to filmmakers and oversee FSA’s tenancy business on the FSA Lot.
- Become a credible partner for the international and domestic customers of Fox Studios Australia (TWDS banners, DGE banners, and DMED productions, as well as Disney Australia leadership, and third-party studios – both domestic and international).
- Position Fox Studios Australia at the preeminent production facility in the southern hemisphere, ensuring that FSA is viewed as a global center of excellence.
- Support the work of Disney Production & Investment Planning, the TWDCA corporate affairs and government relations team as they work with Federal and State Governments to ensure that incentives for attracting Disney productions (feature films and series) to Australia are competitive.
- Collaborate with the VP, FSA, Disney Production & Investment Planning, TWDCA corporate affairs and government relations in their work with industry bodies such as Screen NSW, Screen Australia, SPA, and Ausfilm to ensure a healthy sector generating workflow, skills, and employment.
- Collaborate with TWDC Managing Director, ANZ, the Head of Finance & Strategy, ANZ and the Head of Communications, Government Relations, and Live Entertainment to ensure production facility is plugged into the broader ANZ business. The role will also ensure that FSA meets its Australian statutory, corporate governance and other obligations and partner with the ANZ team as needed to meet such obligations.
- Maintain relationships with the heads of Physical Production of all TWDC production entities and their key personnel, including local Disney Australia production teams, as well as those of the major U.S. studios.
- Champion best in class sustainability practices on the FSA Lot in line with TWDC 2030 Sustainability goals.
- Lead and motivate a strong team through effective recruitment, training, and retention of high performers.
- Drive and support a diverse and inclusive workplace for the team.
- Maintain ownership of complete P&L and oversee the annual budgeting process.
- Significant experience working with filmmakers at all levels (producers, gaffers, etc.) and managing experienced teams
- Knowledge of large-scale Hollywood studio operations and processes
- Extensive experience in providing facilities/services/products to filmmakers
- Deep understanding of the filmmakers’ needs and process when filming at a studio lot
- Knowledge of sound stages, including the key elements and how they are used
- Considerable knowledge of the pre, physical and post-production cycles
- Knowledge of trends within the film industry
- Strong customer service focus with good problem-solving abilities
- Integrity, loyalty, empathy, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstration of leadership, vision, and ability to motivate others
- Excellent team building and communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Understanding of corporate governance
- An ability to work independently and understand appropriate accountability
- Strong sense of organization and planning and ability to manage time well
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Exhibits executive presence
- Owns the issues and makes decisions quickly
- Embrace the international structure and understand the subtlety of managing this efficiently
- Sound knowledge of finance, budgeting, and contract compliance
- Combines creative flair with business acumen
- Ability to forge strong, local, and international relationships with diverse teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience
- MBA Preferred
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.